1939 Vosper Seaplane tender

noddyboater

Featured Posts

Remember Marcus and his Lady Doris (Fairstar), the wooden boat he wrecked the gearbox on and let sink on the Thames?  It's currently on A/duck at 25k!

If you have an hour spare check the advert out, it's a corker. There's half a diesel heating system fitted, and a fridge.. but he's taking those with him for another project. Great photos of himself with George off the tv and Richard from Primrose Engineering.. but none of any structural work done that would add over 20k in value to what he paid for her. Bit of paint, a few scatter cushions,  lots of bullshit. Ker-ching.

8 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

Remember Marcus and his Lady Doris (Fairstar), the wooden boat he wrecked the gearbox on and let sink on the Thames?  It's currently on A/duck at 25k!

If you have an hour spare check the advert out, it's a corker. There's half a diesel heating system fitted, and a fridge.. but he's taking those with him for another project. Great photos of himself with George off the tv and Richard from Primrose Engineering.. but none of any structural work done that would add over 20k in value to what he paid for her. Bit of paint, a few scatter cushions,  lots of bullshit. Ker-ching.

To save you searching https://www.apolloduck.com/boat/vosper/625872

Probably the best write up on Appoloduck as well

Edited by ditchcrawler

28 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

none of any structural work done that would add over 20k in value to what he paid for her. Bit of paint, a few scatter cushions,  lots of bullshit. Ker-ching.

Anything for sale is worth what anybody is prepared to pay.

As you are clearly not impressed I suggest you don't buy it.

14 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

Anything for sale is worth what anybody is prepared to pay.

As you are clearly not impressed I suggest you don't buy it.

Too late. I've just transferred the full amount to his Ugandan bank account.  It was the chance it could be used for fashion shoots that I couldn't resist any longer. 

2 hours ago, noddyboater said:

Too late. I've just transferred the full amount to his Ugandan bank account.  It was the chance it could be used for fashion shoots that I couldn't resist any longer. 

Once of us has been ripped off then, 'cos I just did the same.

It was the mental image of "jolly jaunts up and down the Thames" that did it for me.

35 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

Once of us has been ripped off then, 'cos I just did the same.

It was the mental image of "jolly jaunts up and down the Thames" that did it for me.

Well I'm looking forward to washing the champagne flutes in river water after my first month of coining it in. 

45 minutes ago, Captain Fizz said:

I think the carpet fitter got a little confused.....mind you, the seller is probably "taking those for another project"

He's certainly taking something at his asking price.  I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned the interiors best feature.. one of the steps down from the wheelhouse into the cabin flips over to reveal an original self draining sink, quite art deco in style.  There again,  he probably hasn't found it yet.