Plain thrust bearings needed

Stilllearning

Featured Posts

Some suggestions of suppliers please: I have a couple of tulip chairs, copies of the design by Eero Saarinen, that need the swivel/thrust bearings replaced. Each have a 12mm id and a 45 mm id bearing.

Suppliers of the chairs in Lutterworth don’t offer replacement bearings, I have already tried them.

Full dimensions are 65mm od , 45mm id , 13mm depth for one, and 26mm od , 12mm id, 15mm depth , for the other.

Many thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Would it be worth posting a suggestion, seeing as you have me blocked and won't see it anyway ?

You as well ? They only block you if you have something factual to say that they dont agree with :D

• Greenie 2

8 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

A quick google show quite a few bearing supply companies in uk.  This just happens to be the first I looked at 

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/

Though I wasn’t sure if you are looking for a roller, needle or plain bush type.

The existing, knackered, bearings are ball bearing types, I will probably go for rollers. They only have to support my weight.

Thanks to you for the link.

8 hours ago, BEngo said:

Try Ketan at Arc Euro Trade.  Near Leicester, do mail order, are on the web.

N

Thanks for the information, I am looking into it.

8 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

The existing, knackered, bearings are ball bearing types, I will probably go for rollers. They only have to support my weight.

Thanks to you for the link.

Thanks for the information, I am looking into it.

Not true, they have to take a radial  load when you are off centre or wriggling in the chair, axial - your weight and when you move the chair axial again but this time the other way.  A simple roller thrust bearing may not be very good on radial loads.

2 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not true, they have to take a radial  load when you are off centre or wriggling in the chair, axial - your weight and when you move the chair axial again but this time the other way.  A simple roller thrust bearing may not be very good on radial loads.

Swivel chairs are for swivelling in! Got to take the considerable forces involved once you build up a good rpm. ☺️

What others have said. Most towns of any size will have a bearing stockist. Take them in and let them match them up.

Jen