Building a back cabin

starman

Featured Posts

37 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

There are a few pictures of the construction of Fulbournes's back cabin at the end of this photo album:

https://timlewis.smugmug.com/Other/Early-Fulbourne/

Built by Rex Wain in the mid 1980's

Thanks Tim. Helluva project that one! Send my regards to Martin L. 

I used t&g matchboard on the sides and ceiling. The tongues were wood glued into the grooves along each length. After two years none have separated. Read Graham Booth’s bc article, specifically regarding the drop down bed flap. 
As part of my research I photographed Resolute’s back cabin - many thanks to Dave Moore for his help here. I also photographed Alcor’s back cabin and have pored over many bc images on the web. I posted a pic recently in the Scumbling thread but I find it astonishing that I am still building the bc two years after I started. Work gets in the way and I only have weekends to work on it.

20 hours ago, RAP said:

...I find it astonishing that I am still building the bc two years after I started. Work gets in the way and I only have weekends to work on it.

Two years! Argh! If Starwoman thinks it’s going to take me two years I shall be manacled to the Epping until it’s done. 

13 hours ago, starman said:

Two years! Argh! If Starwoman thinks it’s going to take me two years I shall be manacled to the Epping until it’s done. 

At least you have an Epping. I’m on a waiting list for one. Working full time and tinkering at the weekends does not allow me to get on with it at a decent pace. Good luck with yours, for me it has been an interesting challenge.