Mikuni MX60 not on full heat

Blazeaway

Featured Posts

My MX60 has been running great for last couple of years, I clean and service it once a year.

Recently it has started to run a bit below par. After the start up phase the fan/motor runs a lot slower and never runs as fast as it used to do 

In the past it would run great and heat the hot water tank and radiators just fine.

Now it still runs but seems to be running slower than in the past and the radiators and take longer to heat up and never get to full temperature.

Have removed the burner end cover and cleaned everything and also cleaned the flame detector.

Are there any typical issues that are likely to cause this problem or any ideas what I should be looking at more closely to get it back running 100% ?

23 minutes ago, Blazeaway said:

Now sorted....dodgy connection on a thermocouple, the one telling control unit water is hot.

Found it loose so re-crimped the terminal and its all working perfectly again.

Great news :)

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

How had the connection become loose? Corrosion, vibration?

11 hours ago, WotEver said:

Great news :)

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

How had the connection become loose? Corrosion, vibration?

Its in my engine bay and I must have caught it on clothing while getting out of there. In doing so the connector got snagged and opened up a bit so making it loose. So it looked like it was in place but it wasnt connecting.

• Greenie 1