GU blocked - Globe to Old Linslade rd

sirweste

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Izz said:

What a terrible shame. I was hoping to pass through there this week.

In your own time, CRT. I'll reluctantly accept an overstay if it helps. I realise you must be busy with hundreds of trees in the cut this week.

That'll be why I've recently seen signs saying "Danger: Heavy Plant Crossing". I guess a fallen tree will be pretty darned heavy.

2 minutes ago, Izz said:

Hehe! That sign always makes me chuckle.

I actually saw such a sign the day after the 1987 anti-Fish Sussex hurricane: it was near a building site on the A25 near Bletchingley, and just in front of it was a ginormous tree spanning the road.

There were tree fellers at work here last night, pic taken at 2am. Very tall Poplars by the railway. The tiny white speck towards top right is a tree feller. There were only two fellers on the job though.

SAM_1458.JPG

Edited by bizzard

There was a big tree down on the LEighton Buzzard water point yesterday morning on my ride in to work, but they’d cleared it by the time I was riding home. Though I suspect it was the council? offices that paid to have it removed as it looks like their tree

8E38EE98-4BDC-4CBF-9891-B7A5E7699D1C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

That must be awful to be stuck near the Globe!!

Last time I went to the Globe it was the evening of some big football match, the place was almost empty, they weren't serving food, then after our first pint the landlord chucked us out so he could close up and watch the match. Back to beans on toast on the boat!

On 18/02/2020 at 11:50, sirweste said:

There was a big tree down on the LEighton Buzzard water point yesterday morning on my ride in to work, but they’d cleared it by the time I was riding home. Though I suspect it was the council? offices that paid to have it removed as it looks like their tree

8E38EE98-4BDC-4CBF-9891-B7A5E7699D1C.jpeg

Looks like there may have been a CRT workboat moored under it.