Checklist for novice boat purchasers

howardang

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Off topic a bit, but tree geeks argue how defensible drive by tree surveys are all the time

Oh that reminds me, need to ask your opinion on what looks like a beech tree but is five massive trunks all growing bang up against each other. Gardener reckons it is a beech hedge gone rouge!

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh that reminds me, need to ask your opinion on what looks like a beech tree but is five massive trunks all growing bang up against each other. Gardener reckons it is a beech hedge gone rouge!

Gone red? :)

It's not unlikely 

43 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Off topic a bit, but tree geeks argue how defensible drive by tree surveys are all the time

Depends who cops liability if they are wrong!

Also depends on the purpose of the survey.  Will that tree damage much if it falls over if it's in the middle of a field?  Would you need more care if it's next to a house/ road/ power lines?

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Depends who cops liability if they are wrong!

Also depends on the purpose of the survey.  Will that tree damage much if it falls over if it's in the middle of a field?  Would you need more care if it's next to a house/ road/ power lines?

Yeah, trust me I understand the issues :)

mainly it's an approach to manage roadside trees on B roads, it's also an option for intermediate surveys on A roads/city streets.

36 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Sounds a valid case for a drive-by survey.

"Does it look like we need to go and do a proper survey on that one?"

Exactly, used appropriately it's an additional tool, formalized recorded 2 person drive by, still causes rows though