New Series Britain by Barge Ch5

Flyboy

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

It was nearly worth it for them to tell us that Bingley Five Rise was designed to take a pair of narrowboats.

The best bit for me was the introduction of a local "Industrial Historian" and "expert on the Leeds & Liverpool"

Drumroll for 

Mike Clarke

Liz McIvor

Sorry @Pluto

Episode 2 they come past your house ....

I have given up on responding to TV enquiries as they rarely listen to what you say, especially when it disturbs their often naïve interpretation of history. I spent today working on Kennet, deciding on what new displays we will have this year, a much more satisfying activity.

• Greenie 2

30 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Forth & Clyde and the Union canals next week followed by the South Oxford and a wee central chunk of the GU.

Are you sure, channel 5 has them continuing on the L&L next Friday.

I watched the first one this afternoon, I thought it was OK, I just wish they would have a program where the subjects actually did something rather than there being a swarm of CRT lackeys operating everything.

On 14/02/2020 at 21:56, Ianws said:

I’ve just switched this on half way through going into an ad break. There’s a text competition to win a 3 day boating break for 4 with £1000 to spend while you are there. Given it’s not your boat or equipment we are talking about what would you spend the £1000 on? 

That's  £250 per person

Admittedly quite a generous amount but I don't think it would be too challenging if there are few shops about.

10 hours ago, MartynG said:

That's  £250 per person

Admittedly quite a generous amount but I don't think it would be too challenging if there are few shops about.

It seems all Ch 5 "travel" programs do that. walking disused railways, train journeys, National trust properties, etc

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

It seems all Ch 5 "travel" programs do that. walking disused railways, train journeys, National trust properties, etc

I have to say that CH5 are making much more interesting niche documentaries on things like canals/railways/road haulage these days than say the BBC...it does make you wonder about the licence fee....

13 hours ago, john6767 said:

I watched the first one this afternoon, I thought it was OK, I just wish they would have a program where the subjects actually did something rather than there being a swarm of CRT lackeys operating everything.

Yes, definitely continuing on the L&L next week and I believe the week following.

15 hours ago, john6767 said:

I beg your pardon. I'd forgotten they were devoting two programmes to each area. Another week on the Pennines to go.

I was quite involved with the making of the F&C and Union Canal programmes which was an interesting experience. However, I learned a couple of weeks ago that all my footage had ended up on the digital cutting room floor. I did quite a lot of filming with "the girls" but I think they must have found me out: to this day, although I knew their names, I never found out who was who ......