Mooring near Stratford upon Avon

snappytd

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, snappytd said:

Fairly near want to be able to get into Stratford by boat in a couple of hours or so

Canal:

Hill Farm marina at Wootton Wawen

River:

Stratford Marina (obviously!) :)

Welford marina

or

Welford boat station

or a bit further out

Evesham marina

or 

Sankey Marine 

Edited by TheBiscuits

7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Canal:

Hill House marina at Wootton Wawen

River:

Stratford Marina (obviously!) :)

Welford marina

or

Welford boat station

or a bit further out

Evesham marina

or 

Sankey Marine 

Did you mean Hill Farm Marina?  More like 5 hours, including 17 locks to Bancroft basin.

I guess in a cruiser Welford to Stratford would be possible in around 2 hours.

7 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Did you mean Hill Farm Marina?  More like 5 hours, including 17 locks to Bancroft basin.

I guess in a cruiser Welford to Stratford would be possible in around 2 hours.

I did, and I edited it 10 minutes ago :D

It depends how flexible a "couple of hours" are - that's the nearest marina I can think of that way.

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

I did, and I edited it 10 minutes ago :D

It depends how flexible a "couple of hours" are - that's the nearest marina I can think of that way.

It is definitely the closest marina to Stratford on the canal, we had a short term morning there before the river festival last year.  It’s not cheap!

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

@snappytd didn't ask for cheap, he asked for close to Stratford-upon-Avon.  I assumed the two things would be mutually exclusive. :D

Not sure it that’s the case really,  but there are not many marinas in the area, so I guess supply and demand and all that.  Don’t get me wrong it’s nice at Hill Farm marina, but it is twice the cost of marinas at Napton.  Does not help the OP though.

• 10 months later...

You could try Dovecot Riverside Moorings at Barton. I moored there for 3 years. 

Dovecote Moorings, for narrowboat, cruiser and caravan breaks

It used to take me about 4 hours to Stratford on my widebeam but you'd do it a lot quicker.

However, anywhere on that river floods badly so make sure the risers are high as it floods quickly too you won't get to your boat.

There are some on line moorings a few locks up, I think its a little hire base with a few moorings available? Can't remember the name.  Also what looks like a big back garden with a few boats moored up by Wilmcote?

...............Dave