Charging Points in prep for electric boats

zenataomm

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

That place was flooded just before Christmas as well I think. 

Bad planning!

Yes - Large hotel chain buys a water mill in a well known flood plain and manages to get permission to build the hotel - result most winters the car park gets submerged. At least the hotel seems to have been built on stilts but I would be livid if I stayed there and found my car surrounded by water the following morning.

15 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Yes - Large hotel chain buys a water mill in a well known flood plain and manages to get permission to build the hotel - result most winters the car park gets submerged. At least the hotel seems to have been built on stilts but I would be livid if I stayed there and found my car surrounded by water the following morning.

You would need an Amphicar.

fascinating piece of kit.  In 1964 I worked my uni vacation at a petrol station between Kingswear and Paignton, owned by Richard Pilkington of vintage Alfa fame.  He had an agency for Amphicars and AFAIK he never sold one.  He lived in Dartmouth and occasionally commuted home in a demonstrator, using the ferry slips on both sides of the harbour.

20 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

That place was flooded just before Christmas as well I think. 

Bad planning!

Bit harsh Bob. Christmas has been 25 Dec every year for donkey's years, and looks set to be the same for the foreseeable future: hard to get better planned I'd say.  Easter, however...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Murflynn said:

fascinating piece of kit.  In 1964 I worked my uni vacation at a petrol station between Kingswear and Paignton, owned by Richard Pilkington of vintage Alfa fame.  He had an agency for Amphicars and AFAIK he never sold one.  He lived in Dartmouth and occasionally commuted home in a demonstrator, using the ferry slips on both sides of the harbour.

That's the one! The only time I have seen a working Amphicar was at the Floating Bridge (Higher Ferry). Yes, would have been about 1964. I didn't imagine it then.