Strange tapping noise.

Featured Posts

The first vinyl I bought aged 12 was the Chicken Song by Spitting Image. 

People seem to take things too seriously these days.

The B side "Never met a nice south african" is a classic. Work of art. 

My first 45 was "The Flea Song" by Lord Flea, bought very cheaply from a second-hand record stall in a London Street Market. " Where did the naughty little flea go? Nobody know, nobody know!"  I managed to destroy it by trying to play it on a wind-up acoustic 78 record player. The steel needle gouged out lots of black vinyl dust! 

Tommy Steele's "I puts the lightie on", the B side of "The only man on the island", is another example of the type of song they don't write today. It was available on Youtube the last time I looked.  

Edited by Ronaldo47
Lyrics added

50 minutes ago, Ronaldo47 said:

My first 45 was "The Flea Song" by Lord Flea, bought very cheaply from a second-hand record stall in a London Street Market. " Where did the naughty little flea go? Nobody know, nobody know!"  I managed to destroy it by trying to play it on a wind-up acoustic 78 record player. The steel needle gouged out lots of black vinyl dust! 

Tommy Steele's "I puts the lightie on", the B side of "The only man on the island", is another example of the type of song they don't write today. It was available on Youtube the last time I looked.  

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo47 said:

The B side.

The first single I  ever bought was supposedly a recording of the buzzing noise the various breeds of wasps make. But I could not recognise a single breed of wasp buzzing when I got it home to listen to.

Turned out I was listening to the bee side.

• Haha 2

I took my first 45 back to the shop cos it had a hissing sound all the way through, turned out it was a snake drum or something. That was in the days when there were little cubicles with headphones so you could hear a few and decide which one to buy. My best friend had a Dansette, the pinnacle of teenager's record players.

Edited by LadyG

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I took my first 45 back to the shop cos it had a hissing sound all the way through, turned out it was a snake drum or something. That was in the days when there were little cubicles with headphones so you could hear a few and decide which one to buy. My best friend had a Dansette, the pinnacle of teenager's record players.

Snake drum or snare drum? (autocorrect at work...)

I got quite a fright today when something grabbed my ankle as I was arriving at my mooring. A mad male swan having a go at me. I warned some paddle boaters who were just finishing their, err, paddling and they said he'd had a go at them earlier. 

4 minutes ago, IanD said:

Snake drum or snare drum? (autocorrect at work...)

Your right, I was just thinking, err hissing, snakes, lol.

[warning, in joke for musicians...]

A friend was standing next to the sound desk when Blowzabella were doing a sound check at a festival, and saw the (new to the band) sound guy looking puzzled and frantically twiddling knobs.

He asked what was wrong and was told that one channel had a weird problem, it was OK in quiet bits but every time the band volume went up he was getting this horrible buzzing noise on loud bits like it was clipping, but it wasn't...

Hurdy-gurdy... 😉

Edited by IanD

We've had the lairy swan going up and down Limehouse cut like a nutter today. Have had some issues with this one before.

Needs decapitating. Rogue swans significantly detract from the wellbeing situation.

I suppose they must be entertainment for some people but they must mess with the Trust's objectives in some ways.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/original/47016-waterways-and-wellbeing-valuing-our-waterways.pdf?v=8cbe48

From November 22. They specifically do NOT mention nutter swans.