Pram and cratch covers

todxk120

Featured Posts

Thanks to everyone who replied to my request for suppliers of Vetus service parts.  I wondered if anyone could recommend a good supplier of pram and catch covers, we are soon to be located on the Macclesfield canal, so someone local to the Macclesfield area would be ideal.

Kind regards

Tim

All the physically impaired, or elderly person has to do is dismantle their cratch cover, or pram hood ,and deliver it to the workshop, as it's too dangerous in these winds ,for the the workmen to come out and do it.

• Angry 1

46 minutes ago, Timx said:

All the physically impaired, or elderly person has to do is dismantle their cratch cover, or pram hood ,and deliver it to the workshop, as it's too dangerous in these winds ,for the the workmen to come out and do it.

You really are something else ?

You expect a company offering a free repair service to come out. dismantle the cover, take it back for repair and then return and refit. Whilst all this travelling time is wasted they could repair many others in the workshop, for free.

8 minutes ago, jam said:

You really are something else ?

You expect a company offering a free repair service to come out. dismantle the cover, take it back for repair and then return and refit. Whilst all this travelling time is wasted they could repair many others in the workshop, for free.

He has a point though. This offer is ONLY open to the elderly, infirm, disabled, and low income people*. The very people who will have the most difficulty removing and delivering a damaged cratch cover to Kinver, then collecting it and transporting it back to the boat and re-installing it.

* I note the offer is also open to students, an exception to this. . 

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

He has a point though. This offer is ONLY open to the elderly, infirm, disabled, and low income people*. The very people who will have the most difficulty removing and delivering a damaged cratch cover to Kinver, then collecting it and transporting it back to the boat and re-installing it.

* I note the offer is also open to students, an exception to this. . 

None the less, very generous for those able to get their canopies to their workshops?

Perhaps it might need the help of others to get it there.? Like a sort of community effort? The sort of thing the boating community is famous for?

7 hours ago, Timx said:

And what do you do for folks you've never met for free? Physically impaired, or elderly people have family and friends (although not you by the sound of it). If they don't and they cant deliver their cover then they are no worse off are they!!

23 minutes ago, Kinver Canopies said:

And low income. We could just change the offer so  Physically impaired, or elderly people are not included, would that  make it better.  Honestly, there's no pleasing some folk ;) 

In general, it is said that you cannot please all of the folk all of the time.

On CWDF you are doing well if you can please any of the folk at any time.

• Greenie 1

I really believe what Kinver Canopies are offering is very generous and what could prove to be, to some in the boating community, a very necessary and beneficial service. Most benevolent acts meet the needs of some and not all and to think otherwise is utterly unrealistic.  But I think at the very least we should applaud Kinver in their attempt to try and help some of the most needy boaters.

If Kinver were closer to me I would certainly consider them for replacing my cratch and pram canopies as they seem to offer a quality product and excellent customer service as well as a community spirit.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, todxk120 said:

I really believe what Kinver Canopies are offering is very generous and what could prove to be, to some in the boating community, a very necessary and beneficial service. Most benevolent acts meet the needs of some and not all and to think otherwise is utterly unrealistic.  But I think at the very least we should applaud Kinver in their attempt to try and help some of the most needy boaters.

If Kinver were closer to me I would certainly consider them for replacing my cratch and pram canopies as they seem to offer a quality product and excellent customer service as well as a community spirit.

Well we do cover quite an area,  Up to sort of Manchester down to just below the M4 corridor .  Across into Wales and the other way to about Kettering...   Give or take...   A few jobs maybe a little further afield but the main body of work is within those guide lines.   So you never know, we may cross paths at some point.  Happy Cruising. 

I initiated this thread looking for recommendations for a company to replace my pram and catch covers.  I will be on the Macclesfield canal in the area of Poynton, Stockport from the middle of March onwards and am at Venetian Marina in Nantwich until then.  Would Kinver travel to this area, if so I will contact you via your website.

2 minutes ago, todxk120 said:

I initiated this thread looking for recommendations for a company to replace my pram and catch covers.  I will be on the Macclesfield canal in the area of Poynton, Stockport from the middle of March onwards and am at Venetian Marina in Nantwich until then.  Would Kinver travel to this area, if so I will contact you via your website.

Yes we would,  I'm actually working on a job for Braidbar boats at this very moment ( in between bashing the keyboard) .