Mercurian After the Storm

Beo

Featured Posts

Nb Mercurian, moored on the T&M near Weston on Trent (the one near Shardlow) is looking a bit bedraggled after yesterday’s storm. If anyone knows the owner please could you let them know? Front and back doors both padlocked on outside so I’m assuming no-one is on board. 

Usually a good idea to give CRT a call, they will have contact details for the owner and can get in touch. 

As recently as last week some boater friends of ours who were abroad got in touch because someone had called CRT to report their boat was listing. We were on the case and went to check things out and within an hour were able to set their minds at rest so while there was a bit of a delay (caused by a time difference in them reading the email CRT sent them) the system did work for them 

14 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Usually a good idea to give CRT a call, they will have contact details for the owner and can get in touch. 

As recently as last week some boater friends of ours who were abroad got in touch because someone had called CRT to report their boat was listing. We were on the case and went to check things out and within an hour were able to set their minds at rest so while there was a bit of a delay (caused by a time difference in them reading the email CRT sent them) the system did work for them 

^^^^ This. A few months ago the CO alarm on mine was going off because it needed new batteries. One of the other boaters thought it might be serious, phoned CRT, they phoned me, I went over and was able to report it as fine within 2 hours.  Same with cruising / sailing clubs. Any problems, the committee should have access to contact details of members and can phone if their boat  is in distress. 

It seems that someone is aware of the boat because a temporary repair has been made to the temporary cratch cover. It still looks a bit sad but it is licenced and I guess that CRT are aware of it as it's been moored in the same spot since before Christmas.