How to fix your VNC

MtB

Featured Posts

If you are puzzled about the way all the threads keep disappearing, this is how to fix it.

1) Go to your VNC. Look at the top and click on "Read Status", which is at the top of the white bit of the page.

2) Select "Everything" in the drop down box that appears.

3) Now go to the right of the page and click "Save As New Stream". Click "Create Stream" in the box that appears.

Now your VNC will be back to normal, but without the politics. Yay!!

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

If you are puzzled about the way all the threads keep disappearing, this is how to fix it.

1) Go to your VNC. Look at the top and click on "Read Status", which is at the top of the white bit of the page.

3) Now go to the right of the page and click "Save As New Stream". Click "Create Stream" in the box that appears.

for me, this worked:

2) Select "Unread"

1) & 3), follow as above :)

I take that back, it looked like it worked, until I actually wanted it to work, when it didn't

6 minutes ago, Amber34 said:

for me, this worked:

2) Select "Unread"

1) & 3), follow as above :)

I take that back, it looked like it worked, until I actually wanted it to work, when it didn't

Do you not have an option labelled "Everything" in the drop down then?

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thanks Mike, That worked.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

There will be loads of duplicate post entries in VNC.  A different change documented in another thread fixes this.

Can you point us to this fix, Mike?  Because despite what RichM says, this did NOT happen prior to the recent tweaks (although it did happen a while back and was fixed).

6 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Can you point us to this fix, Mike?  Because despite what RichM says, this did NOT happen prior to the recent tweaks (although it did happen a while back and was fixed).

Look for my post in one if the other threads on how to fix that, you have to have your own custom stream.

11 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Three further fixes reqd.

1) To get rid of the duplicate entries, go to the "Show Me" menu. Select "Content Items Only". Save the new configuration as above.

2) To make the new VNC actually work, click on the little tiny hard-to-spot "tick" in the top line of the white bit, just to the right of the View New Content title on the left hand side. Make it go green.

3) To get rid of Politics (if you still have it) is more time consuming, but well worthwhile. Under the "Following" tab, click on "Content Posted In Areas I follow". Save the new config as before. 

Now navigate to "Home", and visit each sub-forum you like to read and "follow" it. (Click the "Follow" link in the top right hand corner of the white bit.) Do this for every sub-forum you want to appear in your VNC. Leave out "Politics". Job done!!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman