Changes to VNC

RichM

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, Laurie.Booth said:

Please give a link to "Read Status" as I can't find it.

cheers

Lorry, a few technical points...

1) The link you are asking for does not exist, so no-one will be able to post it for you. 

2) As far as I can tell, you can only modify your VNC using a computer or laptop, not a phone or tablet.

3) Log into CWF on a proper computer and go to VNC. Now you will see the screen view David Mack posted.

4) Click on where it says "Read Status" and the drop-down box you need will appear.

5) Now you have modified your VNC you will need to save it and set it as default by clicking the grey tick to make it go green.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Add a bit

7 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

It wasn't a link.  It was a screenshot to show you how to find what you want on the VNC page.

Cheers

:)

41 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Lorry, a few technical points...

1) The link you are asking for does not exist, so no-one will be able to post it for you. 

2) As far as I can tell, you can only modify your VNC using a computer or laptop, not a phone or tablet.

3) Log into CWF on a proper computer and go to VNC. Now you will see the screen view David Mack posted.

4) Click on where it says "Read Status" and the drop-down box you need will appear.

5) Now you have modified your VNC you will need to save it and set it as default by clicking the grey tick to make it go green.

Cheers Mike

I'd love to go back to the old forum settings

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think you'll find there is going to be a referendum on that. 

Or we might have had it already...

I think the decision on me trying to find some thing is for me alone and not for some vote of the general public.

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

I think the decision on me trying to find some thing is for me alone and not for some vote of the general public.

No silly, I meant there is supposed to be gonna be a referendum on whether or not we should leave brexit or not, or something like that. But I haven't heard nuffern on the subject. Mebbe they cancelled it. I wonder is mrsmelly knows whats going on about it..... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No silly, I meant there is supposed to be gonna be a referendum on whether or not we should leave brexit or not, or something like that. But I haven't heard nuffern on the subject. Mebbe they cancelled it. I wonder is mrsmelly knows whats going on about it..... 

I've heard nowt. Last I heard some " People" 

Wanted another go at it? 

Just fallen across this topic and it may be the explaination as to why this site n longer displays as it did on my laptop. Strangely, to me, it still appears as it did on my tablet. Tried to read and understand the thread and it's contents but I've lost the will to live.?. As a result I visit the site less frequently. Maybe others are in a similar position. A few, more obvious explainations at the beginning would have been an idea.

5 hours ago, Slim said:

Just fallen across this topic and it may be the explaination as to why this site n longer displays as it did on my laptop. Strangely, to me, it still appears as it did on my tablet. Tried to read and understand the thread and it's contents but I've lost the will to live.?. As a result I visit the site less frequently. Maybe others are in a similar position. A few, more obvious explainations at the beginning would have been an idea.

Sadly I agree

:(

5 hours ago, Slim said:

I too am constantly requesting site crew to tell us about the changes they are planning to make and explain them properly BEFORE MAKING THEM.

Sadly this is taken as ungrateful criticism as the crew do it for nothing. 

In this case the politics board was taken off VNC, but that is not the problem. The problem is the other changes made at the same time, about which we have still been told nothing. Just left to figure it out for ourselves. Some of us can, others can't and just stop posting. 

5 hours ago, Slim said:

I'm glad someone else is losing the will to live. I fully appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes to keep this site up and running but in this recent case it has got so that there are so many opinions about what to do that it has become confusing. For example, I have faithfully followed the instructions to select between View new content and the alternative VNC including politics etc. I have tried a number of times on my PC and also tablet to select the one that excludes Politics, and each time I think I have cracked it but no - political threads keep appearing.

Please, mods, will you have someone draw up simple and clear step by step instructions and pin them somewhere so we can follow them.

I subscribe to many forums and I have never had issues like we frequently have here. It's enough to drive me to drink (no there's a good idea)!:angry:

Howard

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

is this being fiddled with again?

VNC link showing nothing but i know there should be

Yes, same for me. No vnc and if I go to my recent activity there is none there.

VNC was working an hour ago ie at 8.30am.

• 2 months later...