Changes to View New Content

Featured Posts

A couple of things have happened to my VNC.  Firstly, all the included forums are listed under the VNC title - this just takes up space.

Secondly, new posts are appearing separately - the New Boater - Just topic appears 5 times in my list, and others 2 or 3 times.

I don't want either of these - how do I change it back to what it was?

2 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Another thing is that this topic doesn't appear in my VNC!    It appears in  Live Topics on the home page and in my other streams, but not VNC.  Something odd going on here.

Same for me! I haven’t changed my settings and I don’t like it!!!

7 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

So I’ve done as directed the Legacy option does not remain, it reverts to VCN and I now have 7 posts with the title of this thread. This is pants. 

You need to select the legacy stream (View New Content (Legacy), then set it to default and it will remain. Instructions are in the topic linked above.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What's the point of ever logging out anyway? Why not just stay logged in all the time?

(Maybe you don't want Sachintander posting in the Brexit threads as you, while you're asleep....?)

Good point + iirc people can make themselves appear invisible if they so wish, meaning they don't need logout to do that. - Though not something I feel necessary personally but each to their own

1 hour ago, Dyertribe said:

However, if there was new content this morning thread appeared in bold with a blob next to it. ONCE, 

Now I see multiples of the thread in bold, which means that on a tablet less threads show on one page so I am likely to miss items. 

Click this. Then save it as default.

5 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I've used a custom activity stream for quite some time so hadn't noticed any changes. Don't know what all the whinging is about.

You haven't read the complaints properly then have you?!

Read this thread, then go to VNC and see if you can still find this thread. 

4 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

Well aren’t you the clever one?

Was that a rhetorical question...?

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

You haven't read the complaints properly then have you?!

Read this thread, then go to VNC and see if you can still find this thread. 

I've always had my custom view set to only show content I haven't read, if I want to find something I've read then I change the filter to show all content.

The problem with supporting any IT system is somebody always wants something different to someone else.

So I can now see the thread I have contributed too.

How do I get rid of the 4 listings of this thread showing in the last hour’s activity of this thread?

Picture the scenario of me starting a thread such as Happy Birthday Mike the Boilerman:

If twenty five people contribute to the thread “Happy Birthday” then the entire screen on my iPad is filled with the same thread!

Hardly user friendly

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

Picture the scenario of me starting a thread such as Happy Birthday Mike the Boilerman:

If twenty five people contribute to the thread “Happy Birthday” then the entire screen on my iPad is filled with the same thread!

Hardly user friendly

Wow, is it my birthday? FANTASTIC!!!