Any ideas what these are?

Featured Posts

Found some random items aboard new boat and wanted to ID before deciding what to do with... So, answers on a post card please!

The white 'Clipper' item was near the cover (round) for the smoke alarm so presumably may be from a previous iteration? The two grey things look new and unused - were vaguely near batteries (which seem to have pipes for filling - deionised water for that?) the black thing looks like packaging except for the orange labels... Any clues?

DSC_3625.JPG

The 'Clipper' is an instrument cover

https://www.force4.co.uk/nasa-clipper-instrument-cover.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA1fnxBRBBEiwAVUouUpWoFjCmHfKHDojKzt4BU83KxMr7P0S30uDEdQSXL7Kf0fJAMku-QRoCr9sQAvD_BwE

Do you have a speedo / windy-meter / compass / depth sounder etc etc ……………….

Something looking like this :

Image result for clipper instrument cover

Image result for clipper instrument cover

You can see the instruments on my Catamaran (the cover protects them from sunlight etc when not in use).

51948868gallery_wm.jpg

The 'bottom' grey thing looks like it could be a mounting cradle for something (telephone, hand held GPs etc)

The two holes on the back screw to the wall and the 'instrument' sits in the cradle - it could be that there is a wire / connector for recharging.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Ooh, @Alan de Enfieldis probably right about the Clipper thing. My battery monitor is a similar style to those instruments - nothing like the cover at all! 

The grey things are the same as each other and there was a hozelock reel on the boat when I got it. (Filthy beyond redemption and slightly broken so I've dismembered it and kept hose for pump out flushing). Good spot @Rob-M. They can go in my box of random hose attachments (both boats came with more of the tap fittings than I can explain) until storage gets too tight. 

@Mike the Boilerman. I'd have binned a bit of my battery thing if I hadn't checked on here! I quite like the idea of hiding it so I don't have to think about the fact I don't yet know how to maintain them! 

3 minutes ago, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

@Mike the Boilerman. I'd have binned a bit of my battery thing if I hadn't checked on here! I quite like the idea of hiding it so I don't have to think about the fact I don't yet know how to maintain them!

Maintaining your batteries is easy. Whatever you do they will be knackered in 6 months*, so don't worry about it.

* Just my personal experience.