Nabru, have you?

Sea Dog

Featured Posts

I'm considering a Nabru sofa (not a sofa bed) having read a few bits about them on here.  If you have one, are you pleased with it? In particular, did you go for the standard seating or the soft option with the webbing and do you have thoughts on that choice?  How's about the storage trays? Worth bothering with?  Of course, if you just want to get something off your chest about Nabru sofas, or want to sing the praises of another brand that'll fit through narrowboat bow doors, that'll be welcome too!

Just bought one. Standard everything.

Initial thoughts are it's strong, comfy and very good value. I bought a wide 2 seater. 

They are all quite deep front to back and take up a lot of space. 

I can't fault the value, I looked at making my own but couldn't buy the foam and covers for the price.

Assembly by one person is possible but two would be much better. FORGET doing it in 5 minutes like their youtube video.

It comes on a pallet, there's a lot to it, so you need to get the wagon as close to your boat as possible, or have it delivered to home and take it in bits.

Delivery was my only issue, Not Nabru's fault, but the wagon driver that delivered was an idiot. Delivery instructions clearly stated ring before delivery.

He arrived unannounced at 06.55 when the yard was locked. He returned a few hours later and dumped it outside the office, the boat being fully accessible a

few hundred yards away.

A piece of the MDF was broken, it must have taken some force. 

Credit to Nabru though, I phoned them and sent them  a picture of the broken  bits and they couldn't have been more helpful. New bits arrived next day via a 

proper courier.

So in summary, yes I would buy one again. Customer service is  excellent.  really pleased.

• Greenie 1

We have one (in the conservatory at home, not on a boat but still...). Very happy with it. We went for the webbed seating - much more comfy than the solid. You’ll need to borrow a gorilla’s arms when you put the covers onto the foam. 

Edited by WotEver
Typo
  • Greenie 1

Had one on the boat for about seven years and it is wearing well. Took about half a day to assemble. I will second third fourth fifth what the others have said about needing gorilla arms to get the covers on. Fortunately, I'd been eating my banannas. Other than that it went together very easily. Can't comment on webbing, or storage trays as this was a sofa bed version.

Jen

• Greenie 1