Wheel Barrow wheels, pneumatic or puncture proof?

Bob692

Featured Posts

Are you wanting a replacement for conventional hanging down fender or do you want a wheel that floats flat on the surface to keep your boat a little way out from the canal wash wall?

.............Dave

Yes, I wanted them for the shroppie shelf and other places where it's difficult to get right along side.

14 hours ago, dor said:

I’ve used wheelbarrow wheels for over 20 years to counteract the Shroppie shelf, and never had a puncture, so I would think the ordinary 8” wheels off eBay would be fine.

Thanks, that's perfect.

22 minutes ago, Bob692 said:

Yes, I wanted them for the shroppie shelf and other places where it's difficult to get right along side.

Thanks, that's perfect.

There are a few places where they are not quite wide enough, but they do for most of it.  I have them on lines with handrail hooks so it is easy to position them in the best place.

33 minutes ago, dor said:

There are a few places where they are not quite wide enough, but they do for most of it.  I have them on lines with handrail hooks so it is easy to position them in the best place.

BTW do they float? or do you keep them at water level by adjusting the lines?

2 hours ago, Bob692 said:

BTW do they float? or do you keep them at water level by adjusting the lines?

Yes they float (at least, the pneumatic ones do - can't say about ones with solid tyres).  The distance from the handrail to the water is always going to be (nearly) the same, so the line doesn't need to be altered.  just make it long enough so the tyres sit flat on the  water with a bit of slack.

19 hours ago, Iain_S said:

Not sure if they'd float.

I have two, they float fine.  That Is the puncture proof ones.  I presume the are just filled with closed cell foam, which must be 95% air.

Edited by john6767