Bit Windy-Storm Ciara

matty40s

Featured Posts

56 minutes ago, DandV said:

Poor kangaroo.

Survived years of gun happy Australians, then a devastating drought,  a year of 40 plus temperatures, asphyxiating smoke,  bushfires, record flooding and then meets a tourist driving a camper van!

Strewth tourist hardly my residential visa has a whole 20 days left. However now im retired .. bye bye

• Sad 1

Gusting up to 50mph here in Warwickshire but not much rain. Breaking waves in our marina!

Below is the rain radar picture for 10 mins ago. Not much rain in SE midlands ......yet.

....but look at that squal line running SW..NE over southern Ireland and up to Anglesey (the thin red whisp). That is where the serious winds will be ...80mph+ ....along with perhaps the odd tornado. The squal line is moving east so I guess 3-4 hours before it hits here.

The worst is yet to come.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 09.34.28.png

4 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

The only justification for the north of Britain is to take the weather.  It should not be allowed to come down South.  I blame Boris.

Its just a tad breezy here, nowt special. Might have a gentle cruise up to Banbury for a beer.

We've had some rain in Rode Heath but not a lot. Wind pretty fierce and Kelpie is rocking and despite being tied up as tight as we could and having three fenders out is still occasionally banging against the bank. Thank goodness for rings!

Haggis

3 hours ago, Ange said:

Pleased hubby isn't driving his lorry today - just opened the door so pooch can go out for a wee and it's blowing a hooly.

We let our two Yorkies out and the little one got blown over. Undeterred, she picked herself up, squatted with her eyes shut and hair horizontal, then scuttled back inside for a shake. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The empty crisp packet lying in the high street here outside the post office has COMPLETELY GONE !   ?

I bet it waited to move until your fingers were just a couple of inches away though...