Bit Windy-Storm Ciara

matty40s

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

So a pretty much normal service then.

?

What a shambles , is there any greater disaster that could befall a Human Being than being stranded in Wales on a Train going nowhere ? On second thoughts for me there probably is , I could find Graham on the adjacent seat ?

Edited by Parahandy
  • Haha 2

We have been walking in the Yorkshire moors today, as we got to the job of a ridge a chap was coming down the other way with his German Shepher, we took the wind full on, blew the lady backwards until she grabbed me. Chap can only have been a few years either side of 80, as he walked past upright and seeming totally unfussed, he smiled and commented, it a tad draughty up eer. TOH replied, "I think I would be half way back down the hill if i didn't have the lump to hang onto,"  LUMP really.

I have advised The Lady with the Lump, she might like to join a walking group if she would like company on any future walks.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

Went over to the marina today to take the gubbins off the roof and 4 boats came in whilst I was there, within a space of a hour and a half.

No, it didn't take me an hour and a half to clear the roof I stopped for biccy's (sp) and a cuppa. :mellow:

image008.gif

"Piglets ears streamed behind him like banners."

"Correct me if I am wrong," he said, "but am I right in supposing that it is a very Blusterous day outside?"
"Very," said Piglet, who was quietly thawing his ears, and wishing that he was safely back in his own house.
"I thought so," said Owl. "It was on just such a blusterous day as this that my Uncle Robert, a portrait of whom you see upon the wall on your right, Piglet, while returning in the late forenoon from a-- What's that?"
There was a loud cracking noise.

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 1
  • Love 1
  • Happy 1

Love a storm when on boat, bit boring when in a house. But that's one of reasonas I cc in all seasons. 

Not warm enough to sit in front with cratch cover,to watch it, but in summer it's a great view point.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Timx said:

Love a storm when on boat, bit boring when in a house. But that's one of reasonas I cc in all seasons. 

Not warm enough to sit in front with cratch cover,to watch it, but in summer it's a great view point.

On a boat you don't hear a storm, you are right in the storm, must admit I am a bit concerned about this one.

16 minutes ago, Rickent said:

On a boat you don't hear a storm, you are right in the storm, must admit I am a bit concerned about this one.

Its them tree mounted birdboxes and feeders you should be worried about coming at you at 90mph

And the fact that the EA are giving flood warnings before its started to rain..

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It's not even started yet..

No I didnt think so. My missus is driving back down from North Yorkshire tomorrow so I hope its blowing downhill or it may cost me an extra pound in petrol ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

No I didnt think so. My missus is driving back down from North Yorkshire tomorrow so I hope its blowing downhill or it may cost me an extra pound in petrol ?

, sorry, it could be almost £2 with the water on the road and sw winds against.

I did notice a complete lack of lorries on the road tonight, unusual, even for a Saturday, maybe the hauliers are playing safe for once.

Its been blowing the clappers for four days here. Then I just hit a kangaroo going into the free camp. Turned on the water pump to wash the blood off the van and have a shower and tank is empty. Quick drive back to town and into caravan park.

fortunately two incidents not connected as tank not leaking.

poor old van. Its been a four dent year, only one of them us.

1 less roo to cull was the comment in the van park. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Its been blowing the clappers for four days here. Then I just hit a kangaroo going into the free camp. Turned on the water pump to wash the blood off the van and have a shower and tank is empty. Quick drive back to town and into caravan park.

fortunately two incidents not connected as tank not leaking.

poor old van. Its been a four dent year, only one of them us.

1 less roo to cull was the comment in the van park. 

Poor kangaroo.

Survived years of gun happy Australians, then a devastating drought,  a year of 40 plus temperatures, asphyxiating smoke,  bushfires, record flooding and then meets a tourist driving a camper van!

Edited by DandV
  • Sad 1