"Mummy, I'm wet and miserable...

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

Isn't Hungerford Man something they dug up?!?

No, but he certainly looks like it...

:giggles:

Imagine Toad of Toad Hall all dressed up and ready to go out for a drive...... 

Not that Tim looks like Toad, obvs. Hungerford Man is all whiskers and Harris Tweed country clothing stylee.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

On 06/02/2020 at 23:04, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

Fab. Mutts-aside we're non-meat eaters so that is good to know ?

Ah. Minbyism / serious concerns for air bourne wildlife & local live stock...

Flying pigs? 

On 07/02/2020 at 12:52, mrsmelly said:

I am designed to be old sport :P

Can we pin a target on you and practice? We don't need to bother creating a target, just pin your avatar on your back. 

Edited by Jim Riley
  • Greenie 1

On 07/02/2020 at 12:52, mrsmelly said:

Being a homo sapien with Incisors and canine teeth as well as Premolars and molars I am as was intended an Ominivore, as I am designed to be old sport :P

You know as well as I do that you weren't designed by anything or anyone - you evolved.

Unfortunately, you don't always use the huge primate brain that resulted. You can eat whatever you want, but there's no need to expect everybody to eat meat. I do, as it happens, but I also like meals without meat. I also enjoy watching cricket (the game, not the insect, and I'm not a Yorkshireman). 

On 12/02/2020 at 16:13, Machpoint005 said:

You know as well as I do that you weren't designed by anything or anyone - you evolved.

Unfortunately, you don't always use the huge primate brain that resulted. You can eat whatever you want, but there's no need to expect everybody to eat meat. I do, as it happens, but I also like meals without meat. I also enjoy watching cricket (the game, not the insect, and I'm not a Yorkshireman). 

Hit the nail right on the proverbial head - eat what you want.  I don't thrust my choice down veggie/vegan throats but it is just what some are trying to force on the entire world.

• Greenie 1

There are valid reasons for vegetarianism, and maybe for veganism, but ten people eating a bit less meat probably has a greater effect overall than one person giving up meat altogether.. as well as ten healthier people rather than one, which the NHS is very much in favour of!

For example, this week I had a bean curry for tea on Monday, cheese/onion/mushroom omelette on Tuesday, chilli on Wednesday and fish (basa) with spuds boulangère today. 

Orektiko tomorrow, followed by lamb kebabs!

22 hours ago, rustynewbery said:

Hit the nail right on the proverbial head - eat what you want.  I don't thrust my choice down veggie/vegan throats but it is just what some are trying to force on the entire world.

Ha, "forced on an entire world". Of course, by the climate emergency. Its not just your personal issue, you eat meat, my descendants die! I don't care about your genes, just mine, they are selfish, these genes. 

25 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Ha, "forced on an entire world". Of course, by the climate emergency. Its not just your personal issue, you eat meat, my descendants die! I don't care about your genes, just mine, they are selfish, these genes. 

I tend to agree with this. I've been almost exclusively vegan for well over a decade and used to be positively apologetic about it. I've certainly never been evangelical about it on animal welfare grounds. Now it is so abundantly clear to so many that the environmental impacts are huge I feel way more inclined to argue for 'meat reduction' for the future of humanity.

12 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Are you advocating factory farming of homo sapiens, or merely cannibalism?

Soylent green anyone?

In the year 2022, the cumulative effects of overpopulation, pollution and some apparent climate catastrophe has caused severe worldwide shortages of food, water and housing

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Bloody hell, you mean it real? Only two years to go too!!!!! Eeeeekkkkkkk!

They do a garlic flavour, made from our cousins over the ditch. 

Organic is made from freshly harvested vegans. 

Smokey from  charcoal burners and kipper cookers. 

Edited by Jim Riley
Wit!

6 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Organic is made from freshly harvested vegans.

Point of order m'lud: Organic is unlikely to be vegan.  

You can get vegan certification if you use them nasty chemical fertilisers, but not organic.  If you go organic there's a very high chance you will be using animal manure or  even fishmeal as a fertiliser.