So this is my boats new name (You didn't like my first choice!).

huami

Featured Posts

Hi Guyz ..... So, you didn't like my planned boat name of Gayzing!

Panic not as the problem has now been solved.

I had a competition with some friends to decide on a new name (which I suggested should be a play on words), and I finally decided on one that I really like.

I heard that some other Chinese Internet and mobile company uses something a bit similar (Who are we?) and I bought a very nice tablet from them, so my new name is a play on the same.

As soon as I can get the old panel sanded and re-painted to remove the old name and the names of the former owners “Harvey and Jane” I will be ready to rename my Chinese built boat.

The new name will be (all in lower case font) huami (Who am I?) and the text under the name in a smaller font size will be itsme.neil

Have a lovely day …

Neil

• Greenie 3
  • Happy 1

2 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Nothing at all wrong with your first boat name . Be out and proud.

The second boat name is very good.

Thanks Rick ... Keeping everyone happy is sometimes so difficult. But I am definitely "out and proud".

Have a lovely day..

Neil

Just now, Gayzingalone said:

Thanks Rick ... Keeping everyone happy is sometimes so difficult. But I am definitely "out and proud".

Have a lovely day..

Neil

Don't try to please everyone as you won't succeed.  Hope you enjoy your new life, we have lived on our boat for nearly five years now and it was the best lifestyle choice we have made.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Gayzingalone said:

Have a lovely day..

Neil

Hi Neil, what's with the miss-spelling of straight in your signature quotation? Is that deliberate gay terminology/miss-spelling for heterosexuals that I was unaware of, or just a waterways pun? The only strait I know is a narrow passage of water between two land masses that connects two larger bodies of water.

Edited by blackrose

2 hours ago, Rickent said:

Don't try to please everyone as you won't succeed.  Hope you enjoy your new life, we have lived on our boat for nearly five years now and it was the best lifestyle choice we have made.

Especially on this forum.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Hi Neil, what's with the miss-spelling of straight in your signature quotation? Is that deliberate gay terminology/miss-spelling for heterosexuals that I was unaware of, or just a waterways pun? The only strait I know is a narrow passage of water between two land masses that connects two larger bodies of water.

On the HNC:

Straightened.jpg

Boxed.jpg

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

3 hours ago, blackrose said:

OMG .... and to think that I taught ESL (English Second Language) before I retired! .... Shame on me!

Thanks for pointing it out.

Neil

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

What's wrong with Gayzing? With a rainbow colour. I'd moor near you

and you would be very welcome to drop in for a coffee or a beer!

I look forward to it.

Have a great day

Neil

• Greenie 1

Why on earth would you change the name for somebody if they dont like it. 

You will never please everyone and why wuold youwant to. 

It liek bullying, You et them get aay with it.......nah

On 02/02/2020 at 15:56, BilgePump said:

What's wrong with Gayzing? With a rainbow colour. I'd moor near you

Sorry, late to the party, I don't mind what you call the boat, though not " GayPride" , an expression which always makes me cringe ?

I think folks might have been concerned that some scrotes might throw stones at the boat.

Personally I have named my boat to reflect my Scottish roots, but main motivation was dislike of original name. 

You could go for Roy GB 1V if you want folks to puzzle       ?

Edited by LadyG

26 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Sorry, late to the party, I don't mind what you call the boat, though not " GayPride" , an expression which always makes me cringe ?

I think folks might have been concerned that some scrotes might throw stones at the boat.

Personally I have named my boat to reflect my Scottish roots, but main motivation was dislike of original name. 

You could go for Roy GB 1V if you want folks to puzzle       ?

There's a narrowboat called Fair Fa' which you would approve of I guess?

7 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

There's a narrowboat called Fair Fa' which you would approve of I guess?

@haggis : I'm not sureI want to be reminded of "my sauncy face"[ Address to the Haggis by Robert (Rabbie) Burns]. ☺️

Edited by LadyG

if half the population were to be gay, and the present birth rate for heteros stayed at about 2 then the world population problem would be cured in about 2 generations.  

If that trend continued for 100 generations the human race would be in danger of going extinct - which would of course be a GOOD THING for everything else on the planet.

20 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

if half the population were to be gay, and the present birth rate for heteros stayed at about 2 then the world population problem would be cured in about 2 generations.  

If that trend continued for 100 generations the human race would be in danger of going extinct - which would of course be a GOOD THING for everything else on the planet.

Funny, I was thinking just that this morning 

• Haha 1