Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
hider

All not so well with Boater Sam.

Featured Posts

Following a bit of panic when I read the malicious posts from rusty69, I managed to 'phone Sam in the Philippines,

The good news is that he is still with us.

The bad news is that he has been unavoidably exposed to hundreds of Chinese tourists over the last 2 weeks and now has what he calls " just a cold"

I sincerely hope that it is only a cold, he is over 70 and 8000 miles from home.

I know from reading his posts, I have his passwords for all his forums, that several nasty posts were made to him recently. Totally uncalled for, he is the nicest guy I know but then he is my dad.

However he is sufficiently upset by the hateful idiot clowns on here that think its funny to constantly take the piss out of an old guy who just wants to help others that he has ceased with this forum completely.

I hope all you bastards get a real big kick out of this, when I find you all, and I will, I'll give you a another good kick too.

Have a go at me instead and I will show you how to be nasty,  and hateful. I have coped with dafter morons than you lot over the last 18 months and we have overcome, we are out.

To those who are kinder and understanding, thank you for making Sam's days more interesting with your posts, long may you continue.

The Hider, no longer.

PS.

IF THE MODS DON'T LIKE THIS POST OR ITS TONE, TOUGH, You allowed the hateful posts. Warn me or accept this post in the spirit it is made, very annoyed.

• Greenie 3

way to go m8 there is no need for some of the bellend replies this forum gets from time to time

I hope your dad is soon on the mend , as I've said some people are nasty because their life is empty

• Greenie 1

Hider. I am sorry you took my post to be malicious.That certainly was not meant to be the case, and I apologise to @Boater Sam if he also feels that was the case. I assume you are refering to this post, which was meant as a bit of light hearted banter.I hope Sam makes a speedy recovery

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 11.58.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 11.50.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 12.02.28 PM.png

Edited by rusty69

20 minutes ago, hider said:

The bad news is that he has been unavoidably exposed to hundreds of Chinese tourists over the last 2 weeks and now has what he calls " just a cold"

I sincerely hope that it is only a cold, he is over 70 and 8000 miles from home.

Men are usually so bad at over playing having a cold (man flu and all that) it's good that he is being sensible and realises he just has a little summer snuffle. 

19 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Hider. I am sorry you took my post to be malicious.That certainly was not meant to be the case, and I apologise to @Boater Sam if he also feels that was the case. I assume you are refering to this post, which was meant as a bit of light hearted banter.I hope Sam makes a speedy recovery

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 11.58.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 11.50.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 12.02.28 PM.png

And what about this so called post then cretin?

• rusty69
  • 11523 posts
  • Boat Name:Kingfisher

Boater Sam (main) - who was the longest serving male boater in the country - has stepped down after a 44-year career in boating, admitting he made a mistake on CWDF. Today his CWDF account appeared blank (inset) and he said in a statement: 'It was a misjudgement which I regret, but it's been a privilege to bring the boating news to boatholds throughout the UK for the past 40 years.'  director of news and current affairs at CWDF, said: 'Boater Sam has been a long-standing, familiar figure to viewers of  CWDF, advising with distinction. We wish him the very best for the future on Thunderboat.'

5aaa1f2ae50af_DSC00425(2016_03_2219_06_00UTC).thumb.JPG.21c0dcc0f49fa641a7b663bdb9e949b5.jpeg

Edited Thursday at 02:28 by rusty69

6 minutes ago, hider said:

I thought you...err...he had Rusty on ignore, so I doubt he was upset by the post.

Edited by eid

8 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Men are usually so bad at over playing having a cold (man flu and all that) it's good that he is being sensible and realises he just has a little summer snuffle. 

I would hope that that is the case but I doubt it. Sam is as hard as nails, he has been technically dead once, had mayor open heart surgery, grafted all his life in some terrible conditions and just bounces back like coiled spring usually.

I would like to see him but he can't facetime on his PC, he sounded well rough.

He says that there are no masks for sale anwhere around, they have been sold out for days. Everyone is wearing one there.

13 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Given his current situation and recent exposure, wouldn't the sensible thing to do here is be cautious? Millions of men die because they developed serious health conditions they pass off as nothing. 

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It's called humour , something that doesnt seem to be genetically apparent amongst the Sam Hider family tree.

FuC* off , you are on the list shit head. UYou consider upsetting a 70+ year old guy funny? You are an even bigger moron than your mouth suggests.

You will find it well funny when I get round to you. Going through all the old post for the morons today I am able to fix most of then to  a boat and a location

2 minutes ago, hider said:

I would hope that that is the case but I doubt it. Sam is as hard as nails, he has been technically dead once, had mayor open heart surgery, grafted all his life in some terrible conditions and just bounces back like coiled spring usually.

I would like to see him but he can't facetime on his PC, he sounded well rough.

He says that there are no masks for sale anwhere around, they have been sold out for days. Everyone is wearing one there.

If you are trying to insinuate that he has coronavirus then just stop right there because there has been ONE reported case of coronavirus in the Philippines it was a 10 year old boy and he went into isolation 11 days ago. So No he does not have it.

2 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I wish him well. 

Thank you, so do I. Its worrying but thankfully there are no confirmed cases in the Philippines as yet. He got stranded on Panglao island which was absolutely full of Chinese and Koreans he said. Had to stay put over new year as all accommodation was sold out.

If he gets worse or they hospitalise him I will have to fly out .

FuC* off , you are on the list shit head. UYou consider upsetting a 70+ year old guy funny? You are an even bigger moron than your mouth suggests.

You will find it well funny when I get round to you. Going through all the old post for the morons today I am able to fix most of then to  a boat and a location

Reported and screenshot taken

I never had a problem with BoaterSam, you however seem to have a problem with everyone.

Edited by matty40s

1 minute ago, hider said:

Thank you, so do I. Its worrying but thankfully there are no confirmed cases in the Philippines as yet. He got stranded on Panglao island which was absolutely full of Chinese and Koreans he said. Had to stay put over new year as all accommodation was sold out.

If he gets worse or they hospitalise him I will have to fly out .

Tell him to come back to the forum, I was one not on his ignore list :D His input was helpful and knowledgable. I do think you have somewhat taken the wrong end of the stick with Rusty as I believe he was only being his usual humerous self, remember he is a bloomin nutter innitt. Anyway wish you dad well from me  :cheers:

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Reported

Good. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, eid said:

I thought you...err...he had Rusty on ignore, so I doubt he was upset by the post.

No, rusty69 was not on his ignore list unfortunately.

None of the forum are on mine., I don't have one......................Bring it on...............................

9 minutes ago, hider said:

Actualy Matty is a realy nice guy I think maybe he just comes across otherwise on occasion. he does have a noisey knackered old engine on his boat but I allow for that 😎

Are you insinuating that you are going to "track down" forum members to their physical locations on the canal - why would you feel the need to do that? Need a cuppa sugar? The list part sounds interesting, can I be on the list. I do like a good list, makes up for my terrible memory. 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2
  • Unimpressed 1

6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Tell him to come back to the forum, I was one not on his ignore list :D His input was helpful and knowledgable. I do think you have somewhat taken the wrong end of the stick with Rusty as I believe he was only being his usual humerous self, remember he is a bloomin nutter innitt. Anyway wish you dad well from me  :cheers:

Thank you for your best wishes, he enjoys helping people and he is damn good at it, he has so much experience, guess that is what happens when you work for 59 years.

I may be a little incensed, its so frustrating though.

I don't tollerate nutters or anyone when they set about a defenceless old guy who is also by only living blood relative. There can be no excuse for that behavior no matter how it is "excused"

Edited by hider

Just now, Tumshie said:

Are you insinuating that you are going to "track down" forum members to their physical locations on the canal - why would you feel the need to do that? Need a cuppa sugar? The list part sounds interesting, can I be on the list. I do like a good list, makes up for my terrible memory. 

You are not alone!! I have more bloomin alarms reminding me of stuff to do every day it does my missus head in 😂

1 minute ago, hider said:

Thank you for your best wishes, he enjoys helping people and he is damn good at it, he has so much experience, guess that is what happens when you work for 59 years.

I may be a little incensed, its so frustrating though.

I don't tollerate nutters or anyone when they set about a defenceless old guy who is also by only living blood relative. There can be no excuse for that behavior no matter how it is "excused"

Oy, less of the " Old " he aint that much older than me 😂

• Greenie 2