Bare metal repaint

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Loddon is going in here

https://tolandlindasboatpainting.co.uk

In May. 

They have quite a long lead time and the boat is with them for a month or so.

I will report back in June/July.

Good to see they've finally got a proper painting shed at last. Tol was painting boats on the towpath for a long time, and sometimes struggled to finish boats off due to weather or distance between the boats he was painting at the same time. He then tried to bring a 14 foot plus floating dry dock onto the GU but CRT quite rightly denied permission.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Good to see they've finally got a proper painting shed at last. Tol was painting boats on the towpath for a long time, and sometimes struggled to finish boats off due to weather or distance between the boats he was painting at the same time. He then tried to bring a 14 foot plus floating dry dock onto the GU but CRT quite rightly denied permission.

Its a very nice clean heated unit.

Was down there on a very cold day and it was wonderfully warm inside.

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

It looks good, do they spray or brush the final coats

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

5 hours ago, dunfixing said:

Hi, any recommendations who to do a complete bare metal repaint.

thanks.

I would say it depends where your boat, how far you are willing to move it and how quickly you want the job done. A lot of the top painters will likely have a year plus waiting list.

7 hours ago, dunfixing said:

Hi, any recommendations who to do a complete bare metal repaint.

thanks.

Yes,

Are you prepared to boat it to any location on the network, or would you like to give a clue to areas where you might be looking for a recommendation?

As as bee said, all the most well respected ones tend to have a long waiting list, (unless you get lucky with a cancellation).

20 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I would say it depends where your boat, how far you are willing to move it and how quickly you want the job done. A lot of the top painters will likely have a year plus waiting list.

Not yet, just trying to see who is recommended for future reference and approximate cost, getting rust round the windows.

18 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Yes,

Are you prepared to boat it to any location on the network, or would you like to give a clue to areas where you might be looking for a recommendation?

As as bee said, all the most well respected ones tend to have a long waiting list, (unless you get lucky with a cancellation).

In the midlands most probably, but will travel for good recommendations 

1 minute ago, dunfixing said:

Not yet, just trying to see who is recommended for future reference and approximate cost, getting rust round the windows.

We had ours done at Streethay Wharf 4 years ago and were very happy with their work.

We got prices from most Midlands based painters and an idea of timescale but Streethay had a slot that suited our cruising pattern which was why we went with them.  We spoke to quite a few boaters who looked like they had recent paint jobs to get a short list.

21 hours ago, Loddon said:

Not sure but I suspect brush.

Boat that I saw in there looked good.

All brush painting, likes to use Epifanes.

19 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

We are booking 2022 now, I think Colin Dundas is also pretty well booked out, and he manages 12 boats a year !!