One can but hope ...

Pennine

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Pennine said:

Sir Roger Scruton's reort for the government's 'Building Better, Building Beautiful Commision' released today.

Top of the list - planting two million more trees and opening old canals in urban areas over the next 5 years.

https://order-order.com/2020/01/30/scrutons-last-report-proposes-end-housing-crisis/

I tend towards saying “no” to anything said or written by Scruton.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

Besides building huge gas-fired power stations?

What's your solution?. To increase baseload of green leccy you need the ability to bring on line fast generated extra power to peak shave demand. Unless you have found a solution?

Edited by mark99

1 hour ago, Stilllearning said:

I tend towards saying “no” to anything said or written by Scruton.

Why don't you read the link and give us your sage reasons why you would say no?

Edited by mark99

22 minutes ago, mark99 said:

What's your solution?. To increase baseload of green leccy you need the ability to bring on line fast generated extra power to peak shave demand. Unless you have found a solution?

cut popul.tioóPS, LOST OSCREE KEYORD ........... SOS

Edited by LadyG

15 hours ago, mark99 said:

Why don't you read the link and give us your sage reasons why you would say no?

I have read it, and other stuff by him over the last 30 or more years. I don’t like him, and never did. He was an old fashioned torythat wanted life to be the way it used to be, which is impossible, so I consider his life’s work to have been a waste.

• Greenie 2

16 hours ago, mark99 said:

The key word is "huge". Local CCGT and CHP stations are part of the solution, but they don't make any contributions to the profits of multinational energy companies, so we don't get many of them.