Pru & Tim hand over the baton..

robtheplod

Featured Posts

It is a pity that they will not make anymore canal programmes but given their age and state of health it is not surprising.

I am not a big fan of Giles so it remains to be seen if it cuts the mustard.  BBC Wales did a short series of canal boating in Wales with Gareth Edwards and his wife which was quite entertaining so a pity that is not going to be extended.

32 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Waterworld ??

That was it. Even worth watching on endless repeats, which wasn't the case I found with the Great Canal series. Too much autobiography and not enough canal.

But whatever, Tim was a truly great actor, and Pru was pretty good too.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

Oh at last his full name - I was beginning to think I'd have to click on a dreaded dailymail link. I've just had a search for our new host Giles Brandreth and I'm thoroughly disappointed. ?

Try searching for Gyles Brandreth.  Beware the autocorrect genie.

• Greenie 1

I guess the series with Gyles Brandreth has already been recorded, if you look at his blog, he is booked pretty solid on tour until the end of June,, just surprised nobody spotted them.

Perhaps the whole series was based on the Huddersfield narrow!

Not a fan of the man myself

6 minutes ago, Fender151 said:

I guess the series with Gyles Brandreth has already been recorded, if you look at his blog, he is booked pretty solid on tour until the end of June,, just surprised nobody spotted them.

Perhaps the whole series was based on the Huddersfield narrow!

Not a fan of the man myself

The article says Tim and Pru filmed their last episode last October, so seems doubtful any new series after them has been filmed yet.

14 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

That was it. Even worth watching on endless repeats, which wasn't the case I found with the Great Canal series. Too much autobiography and not enough canal.

But whatever, Tim was a truly great actor, and Pru was pretty good too.

... If, at times, a little faulty.