New boat, new boater.

RollingFoggy

Featured Posts

It is a very ordinary boat with a very ordinary interior. As others have said its really all about the hull, unless the hull is unexpectedly in very good condition then it looks expensive and the sort of boat that always looks just plain old boring. Cruiser decks tend to be troublesome and whatever lies beneath is usually a horrible oily and wet mess unless very well designed and maintained, I doubt that this one is. There are hundreds of boats like this and personally I would wait until something better came along.

11 hours ago, RollingFoggy said:

I completely agree,

Kitchen, bed, shower would have to be re-done and i'd probably remove the fire and fit a back boilered one for radiators or a diesel back boiler type.

Mostly though for escapism from the rat race.

I needs a boat .

You may need a boat.

The question is " Do I need This boat?

1 minute ago, RollingFoggy said:

We'll that didn't go as well as I was hoping, I can't have a copy of the survey because the survey is not their property.

Well what was the point of putting it in their advert then. Saying it has a 'recent survey' is pretty meaningless.Were they even able to advise on the original plate thickness of the boat, which was also lacking in their advert? "Plate specification =steel" doesn't exactly tell you much either. Engine hours? Nope!

Another one that needs a bit of luvin:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tobias-65-foot-traditional-stern-narrow-boat/184151821364?hash=item2ae04dcc34:g:9z4AAOSw9sheMX0P

On 28/01/2020 at 16:20, RollingFoggy said:

To me it looks like a lined sailaway, old yes but half the cost, comes with BSC to 2023 and has a hull survey from june 2019.

I agree :)

Have you seen the hull survey?

Just now, RollingFoggy said:

My guess is that the survey is not a good one, otherwise they would be waving it from the turrets and shouting about how good it is.

Everything about buying a secondhand boat just seems fraught with pitfalls, witholding information from a survey is just bloodywell disingenuous.

It probably says something in the survey to the effect that it is for the eyes of the person who commissioned it ONLY, and that it cannot be passed on to a third party. They want you to have your own done. 

Obviously getting your own done is the answer once you are serious about a boat imo (other opinions are available).It doesn't help you make a decision to go and have a look though, particularly with such sparse details.

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

I agree :)

Have you seen the hull survey?

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It probably says something in the survey to the effect that it is for the eyes of the person who commissioned it ONLY, and that it cannot be passed on to a third party. They want you to have your own done. 

Obviously getting your own done is the answer once you are serious about a boat imo (other opinions are available).It doesn't help you make a decision to go and have a look though, particularly with such sparse details.

Exactly, I'm not gonna make a trip from London ( ish ) to look at a rusty old boat with no other information other than a very brief description and very few photos.