Webasto not getting up to temperature

Tessy

Featured Posts

Previously I was having trouble getting my webasto to start up. I’ve now changed the fuel pump and upgraded a few electrical connections and (after a few false starts and finally a reset via the breaker) I have it going. HOWEVER IT IS NOT HOT ENOUGH! been going at least 20 mins and the rads are barely warm. Could this just because it hasn’t been run in so long? Or is there a temperature control I don’t know about on the unit? It’s a webasto top Z/c-d

I can confirm it does not get hot enough no matter how long it is run. Tried bleeding the rads and nothing. I also have a bottle vent for trapped air to escape. Though I must admit this theory does make some sense, as the unit was run unsuccessfully so many times prior to repair perhaps air could ahve gotten in?

1 hour ago, Tessy said:

I can confirm it does not get hot enough no matter how long it is run. Tried bleeding the rads and nothing. I also have a bottle vent for trapped air to escape. Though I must admit this theory does make some sense, as the unit was run unsuccessfully so many times prior to repair perhaps air could ahve gotten in?

Did you premix your antifreeze or introduce it and the water individually?

Did you use one of the cheapo Chinese 2-5kw fuel pumps off Ebay priced between £9 to around £30 to fix your prior issues?

The cheapo's  don't supply the required fuel to run a Webasto Thermo-top at any sort of power / heat output,  just enough to get it to start up and tick over!!

17 hours ago, andyberg said:

Did you use one of the cheapo Chinese 2-5kw fuel pumps off Ebay priced between £9 to around £30 to fix your prior issues?

The cheapo's  don't supply the required fuel to run a Webasto Thermo-top at any sort of power / heat output,  just enough to get it to start up and tick over!!

Oh really? That would explain it. What's your basis for saying that? What's the least I can spend on one?

20 minutes ago, Tessy said:

Oh really? That would explain it. What's your basis for saying that? What's the least I can spend on one?

I bought one as a spare to keep in the cupboard for my Thermo-top setup which I hadn't used and then bought another to fix a job on a pals unit which had a faulty pump.

Upon trying the 1st Chinese one on his kit, it fired pretty much straight away but put no heat out, as if it was only running on 'tickover', tried my spare which gave same symptoms.

Tried them both on my 'known' working setup, same again, running but not enough to give out any heat.!

Ended up buying a used genuine Webasto one off ebay to fix his fault, worked as should straight away

I presume they don't deliver enough fuel per pump to get the unit firing on full pelt but haven't / cant be arsed getting all technical and measuring their output against a genuine one.

Good luck!

Edited by andyberg