Shower Mixer, with a uneven wall

Kismet

Featured Posts

Hi,

Need some help, Currently fitting a new shower mixer into my shower on my boat. The walls are un even ( not surprised) but this means that with the shower mixer central piece pushed flat, the washers of the in/ out pipes do not lie flat on the wall, See picture attached. Is there a smart way to get around this? I was currently thinking packing it out with washers then siliconing round this, but wanted to see if anyone has any knowledge to do it any better way. 

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 07.59.25.png

47 minutes ago, OldGoldy said:

and as the OP has stated its the tiling/wall that is not level I doubt there is much he can do apart from try to cut a large circle out of the tiles the mixer body goes against so the body is recessed into the tile. I suppose the proper way would be to take the tiles off, level the wall and re-tile.

6 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

and as the OP has stated its the tiling/wall that is not level I doubt there is much he can do apart from try to cut a large circle out of the tiles the mixer body goes against so the body is recessed into the tile. I suppose the proper way would be to take the tiles off, level the wall and re-tile.

Or a block of fancy wood with a counterbored hole.

ETA, or a posh chrome packing piece (a washer by any other name)

Edited by rusty69

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

I suppose the proper way would be to take the tiles off, level the wall and re-tile.

Yup. That’s why I hadn’t replied earlier, it was the only solution I thought of. 

Fit a different shower mixer with 2 rather than 3 wall contact points. There's plenty of tube shaped ones on the market with controls for flow one end and temperature at the other. Clearly this involves another expense, but it has the potential to give you the most elegant solution.

It looks to me that the pipes are too long for the fittings.  The amount that the trim is clear of the tile looks a lot more than the unevenness of the tiles.

On my showers, the threaded part of the pipe the shower fittings screw onto are pretty much level with the tile.