Cost of a new 35ft?

NB DW

Featured Posts

Without wanting to waste the time of boat builders - I'm six months from getting a decent sum together - I'm curious as to what the cost of a modest 35ft boat would be.  I appreciate prices will vary according to spec hence looking for something pretty modest in terms of equipment.

I've an Aintree Beetle and looked at their 35ft at £41K.  It's a template design rather than a custom layout which will keep prices down I'm sure.

Comparing their 40ft at £55K to a Collingwood (it was the only one I could find a fixed price for online) at £73K they do seem comparitively cheap boats, or maybe the competition's dear.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Plenty of comments about Colonwood if.you search on here. Perhaps some boat builders are quality rather than dear??

Collingwood was just referenced as it's about the only builder I've found who publish a price list online.

I've not said anyone's dear.  I'm trying to benchmark.  And understand whether it's that Aintree appear comparitively cheap in price - that doesn't mean others are dear or that Aintree are of poor quality because they're cheaper???

Edited by NB DW

14 hours ago, NB DW said:

Just giving this a bump..

I think you're not getting much response because:

1) Few people here actually know, as there is very little interest in or demand for new, very short boats.

2) The reason for this is all the work lies in the bow, the stern, the engine, the galley and shower room, meaning a short boat costs much the same to build as a longer boat.

3) Prices can only be obtained by asking the manus, as people's ideas of what comprises "a modest 35ft boat" will vary wildly and we have no idea what you mean. 

58 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

as people's ideas of what comprises "a modest 35ft boat" will vary wildly and we have no idea what you mean. 

This people imagined a boat similar to a Hallmark, or to Liverpool Boats' 35-footer sold, I believe, as a "Pacific" - simple boats with a full, but not luxurious, fit-out.

It's perhaps worth contacting The Little Boat Co. They advertise boats up to 32 feet in length, but may possibly build a slightly longer one if somebody is waving money about. They have a quite good web site with lots of layout plans.

Edited by Athy

12 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think you're not getting much response because:

1) Few people here actually know, as there is very little interest in or demand for new, very short boats.

2) The reason for this is all the work lies in the bow, the stern, the engine, the galley and shower room, meaning a short boat costs much the same to build as a longer boat.

3) Prices can only be obtained by asking the manus, as people's ideas of what comprises "a modest 35ft boat" will vary wildly and we have no idea what you mean. 

The cost of building a small boat might be much the same as bigger boat but my question was one of the cost of buying, not building.

And would that be the royal we?  Would 'we' consider granite surfaces, solid oak T+G, 5 leisure batteries, a roof full of solar panels and a 45hp engine modest?  Especially in the context of a 35ft boat?

11 hours ago, Athy said:

This people imagined a boat similar to a Hallmark, or to Liverpool Boats' 35-footer sold, I believe, as a "Pacific" - simple boats with a full, but not luxurious, fit-out.

It's perhaps worth contacting The Little Boat Co. They advertise boats up to 32 feet in length, but may possibly build a slightly longer one if somebody is waving money about. They have a quite good web site with lots of layout plans.

Thank you.  I'll take a look at the site.

9 hours ago, NB DW said:

And would that be the royal we?  Would 'we' consider granite surfaces, solid oak T+G, 5 leisure batteries, a roof full of solar panels and a 45hp engine modest?  Especially in the context of a 35ft boat?

Yes it would be the royal 'we'. You're the one asking for the prices whilst being vague about for what.