Any of these still around?

Dav and Pen

Featured Posts

I'm fairly certain that a year or so back there was a thread where somebody was trying to identify a boat they had just ought, and it was one of these.

In fact I think a WW advert like that was used to prove the point.

They have as much steel in them as one of the short small Springers, and lots of those have survived, so presumably some of these will have as well?

Looks like a sensibly laid out little narrow boat. Very nice.

There is a way around the 4mm insurance minimum nonsense and that is to simply insure 3rd party and self declare the boat won't sink. 

Loads of boats have had unnecessary overplating because of thickness measurements coming in under 4mm and owners insisting on full insurance. 

It almost seems like a scam to keep boatyard welders in business. 

I think the springer waterbugs were 1/8 plate but maybe they were a bit thicker. 

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, magnetman said:

I think the springer waterbugs were 1/8 plate but maybe they were a bit thicker. 

Yes, I was told by a Waterbug owner that the standard build was 3/3/3, which I think equates to about an eighth of an inch, but that customers could pay more and get thicker steel.

2 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

D'ya think the blokes on the back were carefully selected by a modelling agency to look like "the kind of fellas that would by a boat"? 

I dont know but the bloke on the left has either got a cleverly arranged tree or a very strange hairstyle like Krusty..

images.jpeg

• Greenie 1