New deck needed

marybeth

Featured Posts

Hello guys

We will be hopefully moving onto our narrow boat by April 2020, we have a mooring already but the deck (on land jetty) is looking dangerous for us to walk on, we already have poles erect in the water but the jetty bit could do with replacing.

Do people do this kind of thing as a job? if so does anyone know an estimate of the cost? or someone i can call and ask for a quote?  

Thanks boaters for listening to my constant (daft) questions :) 

Mary 

Edited by marybeth

30 minutes ago, marybeth said:

We will be hopefully moving onto our narrow boat by April 2020, we have a mooring already but the deck is looking dangerous for us to walk on, we already have poles erect in the water but they could do with replacing.

Maybe some Latvians, or, Lithuanians could act as replacements.

1 hour ago, marybeth said:

Hello guys

We will be hopefully moving onto our narrow boat by April 2020, we have a mooring already but the deck (on land jetty) is looking dangerous for us to walk on, we already have poles erect in the water but the jetty bit could do with replacing.

Do people do this kind of thing as a job? if so does anyone know an estimate of the cost? or someone i can call and ask for a quote?  

Thanks boaters for listening to my constant (daft) questions :) 

Mary 

Who owns the pontoon / jetty ?

Suggest you find out from the owner who is responsible for the maintenance  - what does it say in your contract ?

If you repair it and someone slips on it, or it collapses then you are responsible  "where there is blame there is a claim".

As you are (presumably) renting the pontoon / jetty / mooring it is a commercial transaction and the owner should have 3rd party business insurance.

19 hours ago, marybeth said:

Might be an idea to mention where you are. 

Welcome to the site, by the way!

6 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

She did on the other thread that was much clearer.  The one that got locked!

Adlington.

Yep........Sorry Marybeth. My fault.

Hello guys

We will be hopefully moving onto our narrow boat by April 2020 at Adlington , we have a mooring already but the decking is looking dangerous for us to walk on, we already have poles erect in the water but the jetty/decking needs replacing.

Thanks boaters for listening to my constant (daft) questions :) 

Mary 

Edited by rusty69

4 minutes ago, Glynn said:

Is it on Mrs Manilys at Adlington ?

That would be my guess.

For those that don't know it, it's a farmer's field mooring with jetties ranging from paddle in the reeds to Tommy Walsh special decking.  

I think it will be a renter choice as to how much they want to spend on it.

@marybeth If the poles are sound any competent joiner will be able to build a deck over them.  Ask some of the boaters with good ones who did theirs.