Freedom of Information?

SE Barlow

Featured Posts

On 29/01/2020 at 23:36, Allan(nb Albert) said:

I feel you need some practical help rather than a discussion.

Whilst it is true they hold the information, the rest is absolute bullshit.

It is very wrong to suggest that functions transferred just relate to 'the operation and licensing of vessels on our inland waterway network'.

The British Waterways Board (Transfer of Functions) Order 2012 Section 3 defines functions transferred as harbour authority, navigation authority and statutory undertaker - rather more than CRT will admit to.

You may also wish to object to a junior member of staff carrying out your review particularly as a superior has accused him of altering responses in the past.

Allan,  could I get your opinion about Mr Halcrow's response?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/judging_criteria_for_tenders_on#incoming-1529371

Thanks.

15 hours ago, SE Barlow said:

Allan,  could I get your opinion about Mr Halcrow's response?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/judging_criteria_for_tenders_on#incoming-1529371

Thanks.

It's a masterclass of obscurification!

My opinion is that you have been given some of the information requested in the hope that you will not persue this matter further. I also think that a junior member of staff is being used without explanation because a director, Tom Deards, does not want to be held personally responsible for CRT's response.

My opinion is that your request is "caught" by the Freedom of Information Act as it applies to CRT but not quite in the way you think. Having said that, CRT will be able to claim exemptions under the Act to allow them to redact some of the information.

If you want to persue this, pm me or contact me via whatdotheyknow.com as I think it would be best to ask CRT to clarify its response in a number of areas.

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)