Hung up in Filance

ste_b

Featured Posts

I was going down Filance Lock on the Staffs & Worcs, when my port side of my boat got caught on a row of bricks that seem to jut out further than those higher up.

I noticed when my boat was sitting somewhat more diagonal than its usual list. Then I saw the starboard side was resting on the opposing wall and the bottom was out of the water. I partially refilled and emptied again, and it went down fine.

Is this something I should be reporting to the CRT? I know they have an ongoing notice about this lock having bulge in the wall, with a reduced width and awaiting proper repair - so it's a known issue. Is there any chance that reporting it would encourage them to get it fixed any quicker?

Definately report it. Filance Lock was closed in November and December to remove pinch points. When I last came through it, soon after it reopened, you could see the "clean" bricks, where they had ground the high spots away.

It could be that the lock walls are on the move again.

• Greenie 1