Boat Swap

jenevers

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, jenevers said:

Has anyone ever swapped boats for a couple of weeks, in order to have a change of scenery, like people do all over the world with houses?

I haven't.

I seem to remember threads on this subject in the past - the conclusions seemed to be 

A house cannot sink, ram another house, or be stolen / hidden away.

I wouldn't want to find out the hard way - I'd just cruise to the new area ,or put it on a truck, when I want 'a change of scenery'.

6 minutes ago, jenevers said:

Has anyone ever swapped boats for a couple of weeks, in order to have a change of scenery, like people do all over the world with houses?

@jimxtc did it, unfortunately the "doomsters and the gloomsters" ran him off the forum and he hasn't been back, but the link to the group that he belonged to is in this post. I don't know if it's still an open group but it would be worth a look. 

• 1 month later...

Hi. Realize this is an old post but if you’re still interested. We have a home and a 43ft sailing yacht on Lake Ontario in Canada. 
We have on 2 occasions chartered narrow boats in the UK and once completed a boat swap on a sailing yacht in the Solent.   Yes there are risks but if your interested in opening a dialogue drop us a line. 

• Greenie 1