Bruce Napier, RIP.

haggis

Featured Posts

I was saddened to read on Bruces blog that he lost his fight with cancer yesterday. 

Bruce and Sheila had shares on two OwnerShips boats before having Sanity built by Braidbar.  As the family increased, they had the 70 foot  Sanity Again built and they also took ownership of a chalet at Mercia. They had just started planning to have another shorter narrow boat built when Bruce was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year which sadly progressed quite rapidly and he passed away yesterday, 

He was a member on here and talked a lot of sense! 

My thoughts are with Sheila and the family at this sad time but as Sheila said, Bruce is no longer in pain and for that we must be thankful.

RIP Bruce.

Ann. 

• Greenie 4

Very sad to hear, I worked with him many times at IWA National Festivals and often spoke to him on the Braidbar stand at Crick boat shows

He posted here as Bruceinsanity , his blog describing his illness  is at https://nbsanity.blogspot.com/

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

Pancreatic cancer is a particularly nasty one. Bruce is no longer in pain.

Quite - it really is one of the worst f the cancers, and by diagnosis it is almost invariably too late to do a lot about it.  I have lost several by this route including my Dad, and a former boss, (the latter at only 52, when he still had young children).

Bruce's input was always welcomed, and I'm very sorry to hear this news.

17 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Pancreatic cancer is a particularly nasty one. Bruce is no longer in pain.

Commiserations to his family and all who knew him.

Indeed, 4% 5 yesr survival rate. I lost a very good friend to it last year. Diagnosed just before Xmas and dead in the following April.

If you have a persistent back pain get it checked out ASAP.