Sawley Marina

fergyguy

Featured Posts

If you believe any member of staff, at any other BWML/Aquavista Marina, Sawley is the dog’s proverbials!  Now I treat that with a pinch of salt, but I think it is fair to say that, for reasons of it being head office and one of their largest operations, it does get more than its share of resource.  However when compared with somewhere like Great Haywood, my view is it falls short...

5 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

Can't vouch for facilities but when the river is in flood, the pontoons are under water and you need wellies to get to your boat

The river does have to be seriously in flood for this to happen, doesnt occur often. (2007,,2012, 2019 off the top of me head).

11 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The river does have to be seriously in flood for this to happen, doesnt occur often. (2007,,2012, 2019 off the top of me head).

U r correct. I was there in 2012. It gets very bad. A helicopter had to airlift a seriously ill person as no way in for ambulance. I had to wade waist deep to get on my boat. Did it twice in 2012 lol. 

Went in the car today to visit the shop. You have to pay for parking now although the first 3 hours are free. There's a forest of signs threatening to fine / imprison you if you don't put your registration number in the machine - what machine? ! With all the stoppages on the Trent this last few months I wouldn't moor there in a fit.