Changing Amal lift pump on 4LW

jenevers

Featured Posts

If you don't have gravity feed to the lift pump you may need to set the camshaft in the right position to operate the priming lever through a full stroke.  You can feel when operatiing the priming lever does nowt.  If so turn the engine one full revolution, giving half a revolution on the camshaft which operates the pump.

3 hours ago, jonesthenuke said:

It is very easy, two pipes, two nuts/studs. Just make sure the fuel supply line is isolated (On my boat the fuel tank level is higher than the engine so it comes through by gravity.

2 hours ago, BEngo said:

If you don't have gravity feed to the lift pump you may need to set the camshaft in the right position to operate the priming lever through a full stroke.  You can feel when operatiing the priming lever does nowt.  If so turn the engine one full revolution, giving half a revolution on the camshaft which operates the pump.

Thanks. I’ll check if the bottom of the fuel tank is higher than the pump next time I’m aboard.

Just now, jenevers said:

Thanks. I’ll check if the bottom of the fuel tank is higher than the pump next time I’m aboard.

You will need to compare the. current fuel level to the pump level, not the bottom of the tank (but you should have an isolation valve somewhere).

• 1 month later...