Boy dies after attempt to jump lock goes wrong

mayalld

Featured Posts

I'm pretty sure that the younger generation are more aware of dangers now than previous ones. They have YouTube and TikTok and Twitter and WhatsApp to see plenty of stunts going wrong. 

The old fogies on here might have to ask their grandkids about these platforms.

It's getting very boring listening to old folks talk down the young. 

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, cougie said:

I'm pretty sure that the younger generation are more aware of dangers now than previous ones. They have YouTube and TikTok and Twitter and WhatsApp to see plenty of stunts going wrong. 

The old fogies on here might have to ask their grandkids about these platforms.

It's getting very boring listening to old folks talk down the young. 

Perhaps if the young listened it wouldn't be quite so boring for you.....how terrible.....

Don't you think the filming of said stupid activities is leading to a greater number of the same.....all to get 20 seconds of fame on the internet??

Edited by frangar

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

I used to listen to my elders and then I grew up and realised they all talked a load of s**te. 

When I was 21 I was amazed how much my parents had learned in the previous four years.

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

I used to listen to my elders and then I grew up and realised they all talked a load of s**te. 

I stilllearn everyday from my mum. I am 64 and she is 99, Ive still got much to learn.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, BEngo said:

When I was 21 I was amazed how much my parents had learned in the previous four years.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/78468-when-i-was-a-boy-of-14-my-father-was

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

Mark Twain
Edited by Ray T

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I stilllearn everyday from my mum. I am 64 and she is 99, Ive still got much to learn.

You could have earned a lot more if you hadn't burned all her stuff today. I bet there were some valuable antiques in that lot.:giggles:

Just now, Tumshie said:

Some people are naturally wise and some people never get wiser no matter how old they get. 

True. Kids though know nowt, I didnt but thought I did, lads are far worse than girls. When I was a driving instructer I taught many more girls than boys as they all told their mates  I wasnt a sleaze ( can be a problem in that business ) so i got lots of business. Girls are VASTLY better to teach and make better drivers because they LISTEN whereas 17 year old boys know everything!!

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You could have earned a lot more if you hadn't burned all her stuff today. I bet there were some valuable antiques in that lot.:giggles:

? Bless her theres stuff going back to her grandparents, fotos from 1860 etc. Its sad but no one want this stuff anymore. I ve skipped loads of stuff.

• Horror 1

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

True. Kids though know nowt, I didnt but thought I did, lads are far worse than girls. When I was a driving instructer I taught many more girls than boys as they all told their mates  I wasnt a sleaze ( can be a problem in that business ) so i got lots of business. Girls are VASTLY better to teach and make better drivers because they LISTEN whereas 17 year old boys know everything!!

Wise people tent to be naturally more observant and do learn form what opportunity gives them; but that has more to do with personality rather than age. Most people will know more or be wiser then they were when they were younger but that still doesn't automatically mean with their age came "great" wisdom. 

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Bless her theres stuff going back to her grandparents, fotos from 1860 etc. Its sad but no one want this stuff anymore. I ve skipped loads of stuff.

Did you ask the local heritage society if they wanted any of it? Our local one takes things like that and builds local historical knowledge of all the families and businesses in the area, it's all stuff that might not seem relevant on it's own but when you add it all up you get a wonderfully complete picture of the area. 

23 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Some people are naturally wise and some people never get wiser no matter how old they get. 

V true. 

when i was a child I used to listen to my elders and betters (Teachers especially) and think ‘that sounds like rubbish’, but took it as gospel all the same because I’d been told they were my elders and betters. 

Now I’m a groan up I realise I was usually right, not them. Especially where teachers are concerned. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Add a bit.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

V true. 

when i was a child I used to listen to my elders and betters (Teachers especially) and think ‘that sounds like rubbish’. 

Now I’m a groan up I realise I was usually right, not them. Especially where teachers are concerned. 

Yeah but no but yeah, but today's teachers have google innit, so they know everything there is to know.

The older I get the less I know.

Or perhaps .... the older I get the more I find I didn't fully understand , and the more I discover I didn't know about at all.

I feel for the family who have lost this lad. He may have been quite adventurous sort . We will never know what we will miss of whatever potential he might have achieved . 

As a very proud father of two girls (now adults) and grandfather to three girls I am certain  the girls are, on average,  the dominant minds of the species .