Discussion of upsetting incidents

Featured Posts

@Athy (and other mods - I just don't know the user names) I actually thought of a practical idea...

On one of the other forums I use (non-boating, full of very forthright people who frown on 'button pushers' reporting frequently fairly brutal comments to mods) there is a little icon/emoji type thing available which is used to lighten the mood when someone believes a poster is going 'too far' (or being a complete catfisher) to get a reaction.

It is a little yellow thing carrying a sign which says "Do not feed the troll". A few years after its introduction there are now occasionally threads started (on controversial topics) which receive no responses at all. We seem to have sort of trained ourselves out of (over) reacting. Could just be increased 'cyber awareness' but I think having an option to call 'provoking BS' in a cute cartoon format helps ppl not over react (the yellow thing is enough) and also helps others who may be tempted to pile in to take a breath before deciding if they want to.

Could we have such an emoji here?

On 24/01/2020 at 08:51, tree monkey said:

Which is not something I recognize in wanted tbh, approach with a rational and considered view opposed to his and a decent conversation can be had and frankly opinions can shift.

Yep, this is the Wanted we both know, a reasonable man, willing to listen to differing opinions. Unlike ...

So wouldn't the world be a kinder place if we were kinder to each other,?

Edited by Ange
to add a bit
  • Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Ange said:

Yep, this is the Wanted we both know, a reasonable man, willing to listen to differing opinions. Unlike ...

So wouldn't the world be a kinder place if we were kinder to each other,?

I suspect you really mean “wouldn’t the world be a kinder place if everyone agreed with me?”

• Haha 1

The world is an unkind place. If its not on fire its flooding quaking or generally misbehaving. At present its having a bit of a genetic mutation and having a go at humans.

The only thing the mutated cellular virus known as humanity can do, is try and be remotely pleasant to those in our own  sphere of influence some of the time.

• Love 1