Surveyor Recommendation - Rive Lee

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

A friend has had an offer accepted on a relatively recently built boat.  It is 55 feet, a "standard" type of build and fit out, with no unusual features I can see. 

She was hoping to use Trevor Whitling as surveyor, but apparently he has now retired.  Trevor's retirement trounces my usual surveyor recommendation.

Does anybody have recommendations please for a surveyor for a boat that is currently on the River Lee.

Ideally my friend needs to get things moving quickly, but accepts the reality, I think, that this may not be possible.

Thanks all.

Just now, rusty69 said:

Damn. He was our go to surveyor. I think he has  surveyed Mr Rusty three times over the last 20 years. 

Get another surveyor, you might be able to sell it then......

He was a surveyor you would always use if buying, and probably dread if selling something slightly dodgy.....as he would find the problem.

Didnt call him Trev the Hammer for nothing.

14 minutes ago, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

I was happy with Elliott Berry who covers that area. Used him three times (all as a buyer but I think he was pretty balanced and anyway I'm pretty open so making his survey available to view by anyone interested in the one I'm now selling). Here is his site. Travels if necessary but not far from the Lee.

Probably doesnt need to travel at all, the number of boats coming up for sale down that way!

I will second Elliot Berry, he traveled from his usual South East area to survey Delhi for us and the entire experience was really good. He was informative and willing to give us advice openly. We learned a lot in the few hours we spent with him and came away feeling we knew exactly what it was we were buying. 

He came very highly recommended to us by someone who is well respected by many forum members