New heating options ?

W+T

Featured Posts

O with making out plans for the new boat now. I am onto cabin heating for water and heating options for a twin cabin cruiser, with a front berths/heads cabin being 16 foot long and rear main cabin with galley being 18 foot. 

I know the usual ways as in stove/back boiler and diesel heaters but was wondering if there are any new fangled ways that have come on the scene or suppliers etc tc.

I do like a stove and thats my first choice at the minute with back boiler for two 600mm radiators in the berth cabin. How water maybe a calorifier a si have plenty of space either side of the engine bay for two 60l tanks with more room to spare.

Any thoughts then on new ideas if any?

Captain Faffer :)

I have seen these and know a few use them, unsure if any good to stay lit overnight though. 

https://www.kuranda.co.uk/dickinson-heating-cooking/dickinson-solid-fuel-heaters/newport-solid-fuel-heater-kit-kmd00-newsf-dickinson

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I think the choice is pretty much as it has been for much of the last 100 years :

Coal

Wood

Diesel

Gas

Peat

Electrickery is pretty much a non-starter.

it was worded wrong maybe but the thing that burns the fuel. as i shown what i found in last post on the Dickinson

Radioisotope thermoelectric generator. The ideal boating solution. Provides all the electrical power your boat could need year round, with no engine running, or having to cover the roof with solar panels. The waste heat keeps the cabin toasty in winter. If the containment breaks, you'll find you've got a warm healthy glow.

Jen