Watford to Bedford along GU, Nene, MLN and Ouse

jetzi

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ivan&alice said:

Thanks for that! Those stops are just from canalplan.eu based on a 7 hour day. I'm not planning on using those stops. We cruise verrrrrrrrrrry sloooooooooowly - not more than 4 or 5 hours at a time. We moor up whenever we like the look of where we're at. 20 locks in one day sounds like more than I'm willing to do to be completely honest. I think the most I've ever done in a day is 12 or so. So we'll need a few extra stops - but I'll check out those locations as possibilities, thanks!

If you have more days you can break the down from Napton at Long Itchington, and make theaproach to Leamington the second night, then it is around 10 locks a day.  For the next day you could stop 3 locks up Hatton and reduce the next day to 18 locks.  At Lapworth you can stop just before the Boot and take (off the top of my head) 5 locks off Lapworth so the next day will only be 14 locks.  You are then on the Birmingham level, so there is just 1 lock to take you to Merry Hill (over 2 or 3 days).  Then you have Delph and Stourbridge to do.

• Greenie 1