Lithium Batteries - your views please !

Martin Alma_Azul

Featured Posts

Hello,

I  have a sailaway boat and  am looking to install lithium batteries for my new electrics system..

Notwithstanding the price I would welcome anyone’s views and experiences with lithium batteries.

And which make the went with if they chose to install them.

I've already noticed there are a few problems in the pipeline with lithium batteries.

For example please watch this video put out by Victron and Journey with Jono.

“How not to blow up your alternator when charging with lithium”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoIocPgOug

Have any lithium battery users encountered this  or any other problems of this type  and how did you overcome them?

Thanks

Martin

There have recently been lengthy threads on here about Lithium batteries - I suggest searching for “lithium” or “LiFePO4”. Additionally one of our members has written lengthy articles in 3 consecutive editions of Canal Boat magazine on the topic. Sorry if that sounds a bit unhelpful but the topic has recently been heavily aired on here and I’m not sure there will be too much enthusiasm to repeat it all.

Once you are up to speed with what has already been written, if you still have specific questions please feel free to ask...

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Martin Alma_Azul said:

Hello,

I  have a sailaway boat and  am looking to install lithium batteries for my new electrics system..

Notwithstanding the price I would welcome anyone’s views and experiences with lithium batteries.

And which make the went with if they chose to install them.

I've already noticed there are a few problems in the pipeline with lithium batteries.

For example please watch this video put out by Victron and Journey with Jono.

“How not to blow up your alternator when charging with lithium”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoIocPgOug

Have any lithium battery users encountered this  or any other problems of this type  and how did you overcome them?

Thanks

Martin

Honestly, pleeeeese us the search facility, there are THOUSANDS of highly details posts on here about using lithium batteries including many long discussions of this exact issue.

• Greenie 1

13 minutes ago, Martin Alma_Azul said:

For people telling me to 'pleeeeese use the search facility'  I'm new to this site from today and don't yet know how it works.

So a bit of patience please.

Apologies, but I don't see what is wrong with asking people to use the search facility before starting yet another new thread about a popular subject.