Re-sealing connections to pump out tank?

Featured Posts

So... had a good look at tank today... Lee San pump out with sea type toilet (swooshes water along with the rest now I've got a working water pump - hurrah!).

The (expensive sanitation specific) flexi pipes are actually fine but what, it turns out, are not are the plastic connections into / out of the tank itself. The jubliee clips are fine and, now the pressure-blasted remains of the old charcoal filter have been removed and that filter holding thing / neighbouring bits of pipe dried out with shockingly absorbent tampons (no wonder one doesn't want them up ones...) I'm sure new charcoal filter would work fine but I've not fitted it as not sure about the plastic connections...

Is re-sealing them a thing a person (who isn't me and probably comes from the registered fitters list or whatever on the Lee San site) can do? Seems to be an issue slightly above the tank/below the jubilee clip on all of them. Pre-dates the pressure washing as far as I can tell - although obviously air vent being sealed with decomposed filter/black gravel like sludge will have put more pressure on all joints...

Rather hoping entire new tank not required, although, TBF, access for that is fine at present.

Didn't take a snap but it is like this: https://images.app.goo.gl/c1SR9nuRU3FNyHqf8

The tank is the white plasticy stuff and it has multi-part plastic connections. Mine seem to have these ones with the hexagonal bit: https://www.leesan.com/shop/hosespipe-and-fittings/hosetails-and-fittings/2-50mm-hosetails

The leaks, as far as I can see, are from between the different bits of plastic (black and white on the first image) rather than from either the tank/white circle part connection or from the hose to rigid pipe connection if that makes sense?

Edited by TheMenagerieAfloat