Installing an electrical system in a 57' sailaway

Martin Alma_Azul

Featured Posts

Just now, LadyG said:

There is no such option, so I suggest you just sign in as a guest and don't post 'till you have got hang of things.

Thunderboat is more "relaxed" forum, but nothing like the same source of information of the type you will need.

Thanks LadyG, you're a star.  I've also been told off now for sending you 'political content' ?

If I really can't delete myself can I delete my posts ?

This really is not for me, to use young people's speak,  too many 'micro-aggressions' ?

7 minutes ago, Martin Alma_Azul said:

Thanks LadyG, you're a star.  I've also been told off now for sending you 'political content' ?

If I really can't delete myself can I delete my posts ?

This really is not for me, to use young people's speak,  too many 'micro-aggressions' ?

Your most recent posts can still be edited , see the "edit" button and press it.

You will be fine here, the guys were trying to guide you rather than tell you off, believe me I have had far worse, apparently I was a "snowflake", and I got a lot of nasty people commenting, those people don't post here anymore ?‍♀️

Edited by LadyG

7 hours ago, matty40s said:

He's busy writing his 5th magazine article for the people who missed his first 4.

No, its been a hard evening celebrating the reds thrashing of Man ure this afternoon.

If the OP wants to find out about cheap solutions to Lithiums then I would advise looking at two of the threads on here. Firstly, the one I started which describes what I did

and secondly the thread that is currently running.

If the OP reads both those threads then he/she should be able to get an idea of how to homebrew a DIY lithium system ......but I think they will need to learn quite a bit before they can safely install Li's on their boat. I've not read through this thread as I was too busy tonite celebrating the reds thrashing of Man Ure ......I dont think I mentioned that did I?....so not too sure of what the OP is trying to set up but did notice 200Ahrs......so that rasises questions over whether this is a live aboard or a part time use, which may impact on how to design it. 200Ahr is not enough for a liveaboard so does the OP understand what they need .......and have done a power audit etc?

Did I mention it was 2-0?

4 hours ago, Martin Alma_Azul said:

Hi Wotever, thanks for advice. Can you show me how to delete my account please.  This forum is not for me. I've spent 1/2 an hour trying to find out to delete my account but there doesn't seem to be an option.

You could always just not sign in / look at the forum again. But that would be cutting off your nose to spite your face as there is a lot of good info on here. It is a free forum, anyone can join, anyone can post and therefore it is inevitable that some people will have different ways of communicating than you do. If you always expect people to act and think exactly as you do, you are going to hate the canals! We are all weird!