Webasto cutting out and needs resetting

Tessy

Featured Posts

Hello! 

So I'm having issues with my webasto. It's a closed, pressurised system with 5 rads and hot water tank. Recently with battery power too low I've had to have the engine running for start up or else it won't ignite, or stay ignited. 

But more recently it won't stay running even with plenty of power from engine or solar. It stars up, pump and all, and cuts out after a few minutes. What are the likely causes and solutions of this? A neighbour mentioned needing to 'decoke' it? Maybe it can't breathe properly? 

Also have noticed a steady drop in pressure and an occasional need to reach pressurise via filling loop, a leak? Maybe unrelated to other issues.

Any help appreciated!

It could be many things. Without seeing and listening to it. Low voltage, mucky fuel, coked up, poor electrical connections, poor instalation etc etc. Where are you?

They are easy to remove and send off for diagnosis and service repair. 

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

It could be many things. Without seeing and listening to it. Low voltage, mucky fuel, coked up, poor electrical connections, poor instalation etc etc. Where are you?

They are easy to remove and send off for diagnosis and service repair. 

Bath area

1 minute ago, Tessy said:

Bath area

I use a bloke who services mine by post. He does a first class job and replaces only whats needed and sends back within a couple of days. Very very reasonable prices, in fact dead cheap. Let me know if u want his details by pm. :cheers:

4 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

The fast money is on a poor connection, or dirty fuse etc. causing volt drop. Try a direct wire from the battery before going further.

Is it newly fitted?

Had a similar problem with my diesel hot air heater.Worked fine in the garage at home,but kept cutting out on the boat.

Problem was voltage drop caused by too long and too thin wire.

As BS has suggested try a direct connection to the battery.

Thanks all, I have since realised that the clicking that occurs when the unit starts up properly is missing! Am I correct in thinking this is the webasto fuel pump? Does this have its own power supply? If do, does it come from the unit itself or direct to battery?

Webasto wiring in general confuses me, so any diagram would also be appreciated!

6 hours ago, Tessy said:

Thanks all, I have since realised that the clicking that occurs when the unit starts up properly is missing! Am I correct in thinking this is the webasto fuel pump? Does this have its own power supply? If do, does it come from the unit itself or direct to battery?

Webasto wiring in general confuses me, so any diagram would also be appreciated!

PCB in the heater supplies the pump. Could still be bad connections etc. Check them first.

We're also having issues with our Webasto, but think it's a fuel supply issue. Just rigging up an alternative temporary supply to test it (well, he is)

Butlertchnik.com have lots of guides and manuals on their site and also invite you to phone them for technical help

I found loads of wiring diagrams via google but we are getting guidance from Jim's Mobile Marine - he has a group on Facebook and his number is supplied there