For all those beginners wanting a cheap boat.

Boater Sam

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes i agree, prolly get sold to a hopeful first time buyer, wet behind the ears.

I'd have happily bought it when I was 22, fully realising what I was getting.

Ideal first boat ... because if you know anything about them you'd run away.

I'd sell it to you = @Mike the Boilerman for £7,000 just to prove a point ...

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Canal321 said:

Another one.. had some work done Ebay

"HULL NEEDS TO CHECK OUT. NEEDS TO LIFT BOAT OUT FOR SURVEY. SELLING AS ITS NOW. HULL BY LOOK IS NOT BAD CONDITION "

It's a 1975 Springer.  What they mean is you can't see the holes from the bankside ...

There are many good Springer hulls out there, but all of them were overplated 5 years ago.

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

"HULL NEEDS TO CHECK OUT. NEEDS TO LIFT BOAT OUT FOR SURVEY. SELLING AS ITS NOW. HULL BY LOOK IS NOT BAD CONDITION "

It's a 1975 Springer.  What they mean is you can't see the holes from the bankside ...

There are many good Springer hulls out there, but all of them were overplated 5 years ago.

I was intrigued to note that the "BACK OF BOAT
ITS BEEN STRIPED"

Just found some interesting info on the Highbridge 32.

www.boat.la14.uk dawncraft history.

Seems the Highbridge 32 started out as the 27ft Dawncraft Rover,and when Dawncraft first went into liquidation,(they did about three times,and rose from the ashes) one of their senior employees modified the design and sold it as the Highbridge Crusader independant of the Dawncraft company.

What is also very interesting,is that Dawncraft advertised some of their boats as being outboard powered and also inboard powered but with the prop spinning in a tunnel within the hull.

I would love to see how this was done.

On 26/01/2020 at 09:34, MHS said:

And plasterboard walls from the looks of things. Reserve not met - I wonder how much the owner expects. 

On 26/01/2020 at 09:25, MartynG said:

No takers , it seems.

Perhaps it will be back on at £8k tomorrow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114074234632?ul_noapp=true

£8500 Now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114085848028?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Jump in with an offer of £6k / £7k and its a real bargain.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

£8500 Now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114085848028?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Jump in with an offer of £6k / £7k and its a real bargain.

I think “engine has a water leak that is easily repaired” is putting off potential buyers. If it’s easily repaired then why hasn’t he repaired it?

Edited by WotEver
Tyo

11 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I think “engine has a water leak that is easily repaired” is putting off potential buyers. If it’s easily repaired then why hasn’t he repaired it?

I'm sure it is, but even if it was found to be 'a big problem' Companies such as RealDiesels will offer a re-con exchange deal, or simply re-con yours. Buy it at the right price and even if it needs expert help it can still be a cheap boat with no blacking required, no pitting, & no corrosion.

http://www.realdiesels.co.uk/listerenginesales.html

If it was a bit closer to home I'd be tempted to go and have a look and put in a cheeky offer.

Sort out the problems get a BSSC and it could be a money-earner.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1