SS-R

LadyG

Featured Posts

Super Sausage Rolls

Take a pack of short crust pastry [Co-op].

Two pork sausages, good ones .... remove casings and put in a bowl, add some real breadcrumbs, a sprinkle of mixed herbs and sage, nutmeg, caraway seeds, and anything else you fancy.

Unroll 6 inches of pastry.

Add sausage-meat,

Seal pastry edges with milk.

Cut in to four, cut tops diagonally with a knife.

Bake 'til golden.

Delicious

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 2

3 hours ago, Athy said:

Indeed there might be a concerted protest if you did.

The coffee in Greggs is undrinkable and the sausage rolls are heart attacks in waiting. I can't understand why anyone would buy such poor quality. Places like that contribute significantly to obesity in the UK. I went there once, had to pour the coffee away, and I only tried their Roll and link Sausage because there was no bacon ready.

Edited by LadyG

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The coffee in Greggs is undrinkable and the sausage rolls are heart attacks in waiting. I can't understand why anyone would buy such poor quality. Places like that contribute significantly to obesity in the UK.

You missed my point, whether deliberately or not I don't know.

I walk past Gregg's at least twice each time I go into Wisbech and it hasn't affected my weight at all.

I think of it as a reasonable-quality place, though all I ever buy from there is a warm steak slice if I'm out and about and peckish while awaiting the 'bus back to our village. That branch changed its name a couple of years ago: it used to be called "Baker's Oven". Did they all?