Tiger Cub Stove

umpire111

Featured Posts

Are we talking Cubs or Sports Cubs? I used ride both. A mate of mine had several. My parants wouldn't let me have a bike so used ride them without them knowing.  

Really must get a m/c licence one day.? Different world back then.

37 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

My mate had one. It wasn't anywhere near as quick as my Yamaha RD200.

It wasnt quick but sounded fab. I bought a suzy GT250 as my next bike as the RD was quick but a tiny bike and I used to travel often on weekends from Plymouth to Yorkshire on it so needed a bigger seat for comfort. The cub was tiny also but just a lovely old design and you didnt need the gearbox like the two stroke Japs as they had more grunt. Those were the days innitt :cheers:

Edited by mrsmelly

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

It wasnt quick but sounded fab. I bought a suzy GT250 as my next bike ...

I had a GT250 too - with the ‘Ram Air’ head - which I used for despatch riding in London one summer. I liked .Suzi’s, my last bike was a GS1000 with a King & Queen seat. Now that was a comfortable bike to ride. A bit heavy to heave around country lanes but effortless legs. 

11 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Could I just say that the new member seems to have seen a new stove at Crick last year and doesn't need motorbike history ......yet

Bugger I still have a Tiger cub in Scotland it's a box of bits but all there twice over! One day I will stick it back together, anyway why would you call a stove after a bike?

9 hours ago, matty40s said:

Could I just say that the new member seems to have seen a new stove at Crick last year and doesn't need motorbike history ......yet

:P

11 hours ago, WotEver said:

I had a GT250 too - with the ‘Ram Air’ head - which I used for despatch riding in London one summer. I liked .Suzi’s, my last bike was a GS1000 with a King & Queen seat. Now that was a comfortable bike to ride. A bit heavy to heave around country lanes but effortless legs. 

My last bike was an ST1100 Pan. Superb bit of kit that handled well despite its enormous weight. My brain aint quick enough for bikes these days nor my knees strong enough lol. :(

10 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Nah, my upgraded C15 was better than my mates tiger cub......but that was a few years before.

I had a c15 for a while also :P

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Moses had a stove in the desert before he parted the Red Sea.

It says in the Bible..."The roar of Moses Triumph could be heard around the land".

Must have been on a Bonneville then, they would roar.

17 hours ago, umpire111 said:

Saw the above stove at Crick last year and now wish to buy one. I cannot find a double insulated flue to fit...can anyone help or does anyone know the name of the exhibitor from Crick? Tx.

sales@percydoughty.com   Dealer of Tiger Cub stoves.